guamgsx

older Q with newer Q

I have a older dual slug Q and I want to run two Q's now. Would I run into any problems running a newer Q with athe older one in a ported enclosure?

Email fi directly for a definite answer, but I believe you can run the older Qs with the newer ones. Someone a while back had the same question, maybe you can dig it up with the search.

they came back with a no,  has to do with different motors and what not

the reason i was asking cause i have an 07 q15  looking for a match

but I believe you can run the older Qs with the newer ones

No. Okay, well it depends on what you mean by can. You "can" run a Kicker L7 with an Fi Q I suppose, just not a good idea. Anything that creates a difference in t/s parameters is a no no for drivers playing the same frequencies. Even worse if it shares airspace.

I figured that would be the case. I just can't seem to find the specs for the older Q. I love my Q and came across a good deal for second but its a newer one. Even the power handling is different.

I would sell your older and buy the newer single slug motors as they are not hard to find as of right now.

or recone the current sub to a larger size. 

but I believe you can run the older Qs with the newer ones

No. Okay, well it depends on what you mean by can. You "can" run a Kicker L7 with an Fi Q I suppose, just not a good idea. Anything that creates a difference in t/s parameters is a no no for drivers playing the same frequencies. Even worse if it shares airspace.

I already new that, but sometimes new versions of the same driver are close enough that they can be used together.

anyways glad you got it figured out OP.

I ended up buying the newer one. The guy sold it to me for 175 and I could pass it up. Now to find a matching newer one or wait to see if it goes on sale for black Friday.