Notorious97200

My first SUV gets a sound system.

sexy pictures!

Some more pictures.

Everything is good and plays.

The steering wheel coontrol works fine with the head unit and the Pioneer adaptor. But I don't have the right plugg for the FM antenna, and the one to receive the info from the parking radar. I can only hear the biiiip.

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

I need a better picture of the battery and the big 3. We tried to make everything look stock ;)

IMG_0929.jpg

NExt step : some cleaning on the amps ! And I still need to ground the alternator with 0 gauge wire. I ran out of ring connectors ::-(

The box should be ready for friday. If evreything goes well, and if the sun keep shining like these days. It's so hot : 33° C all day long.

I like where this is going :woot:

Great looking build enjoy it.popcorn2.gif

I found that I only have a black screen telling me that the image should be backwards, be careful. I can still play music, change the tracks, but no screen.
WTF ?

I'll try to disconnect everything this afternoon.

I thought the radar detector was starting to show some images on the h u screen.

Everything was working fine, until last night.

Maybe the parking break wire disconnect itself (I put it on a ground).

If someone could help me before I take everything out...

I got it !

I had to disconnect everything to have my screen back. I find the info at my local car audio shop, when I bought wire for the sub and an antenna adaptor for Honda.

The Honda adaptor is the one that fits. Thanks to Google for this info !

when you get the black warning screen...go into setting and make sure the screen polarity is set to battery.  If mine is not set to battery, when I go into reverse- it gives me the black warning screen.IIRC.

when you get the black warning screen...go into setting and make sure the screen polarity is set to battery.  If mine is not set to battery, when I go into reverse- it gives me the black warning screen.IIRC.

OK thanks. I'll take a look.

Someone told me it's because I put the camera "on" with no camera installed, so the system can't go back.

I don't know, but I won't touch this camera option no more !

The only thing I miss from the stock head unit is the parking detector screen. It came on as soon as I put the reverse gear. Now, I only have the bip in the car.

If you can work through getting the connection made you should get it back.  I was able to get the factory rear camera in my Traverse to work on the HU without any issues, but the connector that was supplied only allows for it to display on the HU or the rear view mirror one at a time, not at the same time.  I'm going to make an edit to some wires and fix it so both work in the future, it's not as important as the other stuff to get completed.

The parking detector works, so it's not a big deal.

I'll look into it more, later.

I don't have rear view camera, it was only showing a drawing of the car with the radar signs.

Test fitting on the box :

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

We had to change the spray : red looks like pink or purple. I wanted real red !

IMG_0947.jpg

And finally here it is :

IMG_0946.jpg

More pics to come...

Looking good!

I'm so happy ! Last night I tried to tune the system. It sounds good.

The bass is amazing. I've never had so much bass in a car. Loud and clear. It goes so low , I can feel some new notes, now ;)

I love it.

The tweeters are coming alive with the stock placement : I think the windshield helps a lot. The tweeters are on the dash firing through the windshield. I had to turn them down on the passive filters.

The picture is very bad, but it's the only one I have so far ! I was in a hurry when I took it :-)
SORRY guys !

10633779_10152738949604732_1664368884787

It's the first time I use Facebook to insert a pic in a post here. It works great ! Thanks QJ.

This Zcon is coming alive now. WONDERFUL ! People were so impressed friday night. With a few adjustements it sounds even better.

It's loud as f..., and plays all the notes like a champion. I have room in the cargo area, but I can't imagine 2 of those in my car.

Now I need to check the voltage at the amplifiers, to be sure everything is ok.

The sub looks small on the pics, but it's a 15" !

The box is big, but "only" 4 ft3 net, @ 33 Hz.

It plays everything. first time I have so much bass in a car, and it's the first time I can feel the lows so hard ! I feel like the car reacts to each note in a different way : it's amazing.

During a little demo, some people around were afraid, thinking about an earthquake !!!! We regularly have some small ones here in the Caribbeans :-(

Thank you SSA for your great products, and for all the advices !

Very nice install and I love those zcon subs.

Edited by pmureika

thank you ! I love all the SSA subs I've tried : Icon, Xcon, but the Zcon is by far the one I prefer.  of course !   :-)  :-)

thank you ! I love all the SSA subs I've tried : Icon, Xcon, but the Zcon is by far the one I prefer.  of course !   :-)  :-)

I have used all of ssa's subs except the evil.

And I agree with you on the quality and performance of their subs.

*waits for front stage pics

Looks good so far!

The front stage needs a lot of work.

I wanted to have sound in the car quickly, and my budget is tight this month.

So, I installed the mids in the  stock locations, with wood rings. I think they won't move at all. But I need to save some more money to order products from sounddeadenershowdown. I already have another set of wood rings to put the mids closer to the cabin, but still in the doors. They are too far from the inner door panel, for my taste.

The tweeters are installed on the dash, stock location : they fire through the windshield. It's the first time I find my tweeters too loud ! I had to use the -1dB and -2 dB on the passive filters. I like how they sound ! Sharp, clean, loud (if I want ).

I'll buy a mini dsp when I order the deadening products. Everything must be installed at the same time, because I have no personal parking to work when I want. I absolutely don't want my neighbors to see what I have in my car. No neiborhood can be safe here, for car and car audio.

I'll have to show you pics of that work.

The sound is already nice to my ears and I know it will be better in the future. :)  :)