ImAwesomeLee

Enclosure Calculation Check

I've done a few builds in the past, but have yet to use your products. I work for a very large cabinet manufacturer in Minnesota and have a high level of skill when it comes to wood fabrication. It's been 5+ years since my last build and I am a bit rusty. Needless to say, I don't trust my calculations and I am hoping someone can look-over these to let me know their thoughts on the dimensions/specs for these particular subs. This build will be for (2) BL-12's each in their own enclosure (with both enclosures attached together @ the ports). Below is my dimensions/specs.

If this is in the wrong section of the forum, I apologize. If a moderator can move this to the proper section I would be endlessly grateful. 

Thank you in advance. 

I've tried MULTIPLE ways to get these tables to work properly in BBcode, either tables aren't available or I'm special... So I've attached them as images, I have an Excel document if needed. 

AlVMm58.jpg

OK, Here is an update to my previous specs... I ended up tweaking things a bit I am pretty positive I had wrong, I'd still GREATLY appreciate someone taking a gander at this to proof read my calculations for me. 

I've included new specs as well as 3D's of the enclosure. 

I'm use to, at bare minimum, at least getting trolled by now.

2Xbovoi.jpg

Q5OXzcY.jpg

WfNxBts.jpg

Q0liDRP.jpg

What do you want checked?

Also curious as to why 2 enclosures, personally I'd do one.

What do you want checked?

Also curious as to why 2 enclosures, personally I'd do one.

I am looking to have my Volume / Port Tuning checked for these particular subs. 

Reasoning for 2 separate enclosures as opposed to one... The person I am building this box for wasn't sure if he was doing a single amp for both or separate amps for each sub. This was to avoid him ruining these subs by possibly using two amps not matched and tuned symmetrically. Also, this is going in a SUV and he has the room to accommodate the larger box. 

Updated 3D view with support bracing in place. (used to bring down box volume)

aaLMsxp.jpg

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By DedicatedEnthusiast
      I am selling a pair of B2 Audio X2C 15's that were assembled by Jay Holm in Denmark and custom modded for me and my extreme daily driving abuse.

I am willing to let them go for $1,000 each shipped or $1,800 for the pair. 

Reason I am selling them is because they have managed to crack not one but two gas tanks now on my car, I can provide shop receipts for anyone who would like to see proof.

Also they have broken the spoiler wing off my trunk a long time ago so are basically destroying my car and I cannot afford to keep fixing it.

The link below shows a video of the subs and system playing from B2 Audio's YouTube page. I do not own the video that they edited here but I did submit the original footage to them from my cell phone for the fans and public to see.

The box was built by Cherryman Customs in Tennessee and is double layered (1.5" thick) all the way around. It is 10 cu ft net inside with a tuning of 27hz and has a lexan glass bullet proof window that provides view of the subs inside with red L.E.D. lights that illuminate. 

Measurements are 36" W x 20.5" H x 46" D

If interested I am willing to let it go for $500 picked up or you pay shipping.

Any additional questions or concerns please feel free to PM and ask me. 

• By DedicatedEnthusiast
      Hi guys I was wondering whether standard polyurethane or a UV activated resin would be better for applying directly to MDF wood in order to protect it from the elements of rain ice and snow basically is one product more durable or reliable than another with respect to weather-proofing wood thanks
    • By boxbuildshoutout
      Hello everyone I would like to start by saying I have no intention of breaking or bending any site or community rules here so pls forgive me if I do that is not my intention. 

I am here to share my personal experience with cherrymancustoms who has built me an extremely personalized and truly custom enclosure to meet the needs of my particular listening goals.

This man has spent literally countless hours over-the-phone speaking with me one on one in an attempt to maximize my enclosure design and has built what I consider to be a very good quality box. I have attached images for your own viewing and judgement below.

His website is www.cherrymancustoms.com/ where he has a phone number listed for you to contact him if you so choose to do. He also has a YouTube account and forum thread over at caraudio.com

I plan on again encouraging him to create an account here so he can communicate with you guys easily and share all of his work here locally with the community.

FYI this box was built with an adjustable internal volume and adjustable tuning plus it is "double walled" everywhere from top to bottom and side to side. It features some serious bracing too.

For any of you looking for someone to build and create exactly what you have in mind or rather those of you who need somebody to help you determine what would be best for your needs I strongly encourage you to give this man a chance he is super friendly, knowledgeable and hard-working as you can see.

Best of wishes to everyone here hope some of you may find this information to be of good use.

• By mikebingham34
      Hey everyone, 
      First off I wanna apologize for changing my mind so much. My financial situation has changed, so my future setup ideas have too. Even though I have not followed through with other plans ya'll have helped me with, I have learned a lot for each comment or post I read.

On to the enclosure idea. I will be getting a single SA-10 D2 as soon as my current setup sells. I will be running it off of a BRZ1200 @ 1 Ohm (for headroom). My goals are for it to be decently loud (I have had an E-12, hope to be comparable to that), and flat sounding for all music types... From dubstep to decaf to classic rock to country. It will be in my daily which is the trunk of a 2000 Honda Civic Sedan (DX EJ6, D16Y7 Auto). I am planning on building an enclosure that is 1.4 cubic feet, with a 17" long, 4" aeroport, tuned to 34.8 Hz. 

My questions are as follows:
      Is the box too large? I commonly see Jacob recommending 1-1.25 cubes for a ported SA-10.
      Should I keep the 4" aero? It gives 9" of port per cube (high end of the spectrum for an aero)
      Or go with a 3", or just go slot port... If I go slot, what kind of port area should I use?
      Lastly, is that a good tuning? I would like an F3 around 28Hz. 

Thank you for all your help, as always. 
  • Recent YouTube Posts