Sign in to follow this  
bgowdy31

DC XL 18 M1 Enclosure Help

Ok so i have recently traded and got a DC XL-18 M1, im not familiar with subs(never ran a DC). Im trying to come with with a good enclosure and will be using aeroports. (<- Saves me some hatch space for stuff)

I did see that the DC site says 5.5 cf net for the 18's, but im not sure how to determine how much port i would need for it. My goal is for Daily with good SPL. Really i want it be loud lol. I tune at 40hz because it gives me MY perfect medium of daily and SPL(Thats just me) for the occasional comp. The formats are burps and the other is Music average for 2 different orgs.

So i was thinking about going 5.5cf net with maybe a single 8" aero, but again im not sure.  i did however do something like this before with a HDC3 18 in think 5.25 or .35 cubes net with 2 6" aeroports and had pretty good success IMO (147db on music average). So any thoughts or input is much appreciated.

Again im using Aero's because i have to keep some hatch space

Thanks in advance,

anyone/

bump

I never ran dc but seen a lot of people run them and there boxes are tune low and alot of port area...I know that doesn't help you out but I just want to put my 2¢ in

Edited by antoinez28

bump

Cant go wrong with about 90-120in of port for an 18.

I can't say tuning it to 40hz for daily is a good choice though, but to each his own.

Cant go wrong with about 90-120in of port for an 18.

I can't say tuning it to 40hz for daily is a good choice though, but to each his own.

yea thats just my medium from for spl vs daily. tuning to 40hz for me lets me play down far enough for me. i may actually tune it to 37hz but idk.

As far as 90-120 sq inches of port im using aero's to save on room also much easier to work with IMO in case i dont like the tuning.

how does 90-120 translate to aeroports. I was thinkning of doing 5.5 cubes(dc site reccomends) and a single 8" aero port

ttt

up

We already gave you all the info needed, if you need more help then email Rusty at DC. Will yield you better results than bumping this thread.

We already gave you all the info needed, if you need more help then email Rusty at DC. Will yield you better results than bumping this thread.

i tried, well wrote him and the DC page on facebook but got no reply