So I'm been on the web looking at different types of 5k amps that are linkable amps, so I can upgrade my current amp set up...I'm looking for a amp out of these new or used- dd m4a, sundown audio 4500, crescendo bc5500, dc audio 5k, ampere audio 5000.1. It has to be able to do around 3800-4000 wire down to 1.3ohms.

Running 3-18s DSS ethos box is in the works....

Electrical is dual alts stock will run the truck, mid, and highs the singer 270amp will run only for the battery bank. 4 juice box blackcherry battery back, two runs of 1/0 wielding wire.

( would like more batts if space would allow)

( playing music daily and burbs on comps)

I'm not looking for a father and son conversation here just wanting to know which amp would be better suited for my set up that's all thanks for reading.

Why not go bigger, the 3 Ethos should take more power than 4k?

Agreed with Jay-Cee, I'm a fan of head room. I would get an amp that is "rated" at around 3,000rms for each 18" ethos. That way, in the real world, you should see around 2200 each. So that being said, you want something that is around 9krms. I do see you mentioned to buy a single amp now, then down the road to double it. If that is case, any of the amps you've listed will do the job fine. Flip a coin, and get what's in your budget. 

Im leaning towards the dc5k and I do plan on getting another matching amp down the road just for that reason...I just need something before midwest spl finals...so dc 5k it is unless something esle pops up bigger In my price range thanks

Why not go bigger, the 3 Ethos should take more power than 4k?

The class im in I can only clamp up to 4000 watts.

Im leaning towards the dc5k and I do plan on getting another matching amp down the road just for that reason...I just need something before midwest spl finals...so dc 5k it is unless something esle pops up bigger In my price range thanks

no problem

no problem
I was looking at the fact that you sell b stock and refurbish taramps amp do u think a hd6500 would be a good temp amp for the time being...just wondering thats all

The dd m4a is the best amp you listed there as it's definitely the better out of them all since it puts out the most power. 

That goes without saying, are you sure you weren't secretly thinking about the m4 instead of the m4a cause one is around a 5k and the other is around a 7.5k amp?

M4a because a friend has one laying around for a back up amp...

The M4a and Ampere 5k are the strongest two out of those listed.