Sign in to follow this  
BoominSystem82

C2 Audio Recon 1.6

Just curious if anyone on here has any experience running this amp or any of the C2 Audio amps?  What were some things you liked or disliked about the amp?  I currently have a Crescendo Symphony 1500.1 which will be powering a DSS Ethos 15" when it arrives, but I'm thinking about possibly selling the Crescendo and going with the C2 Audio Recon 1.6.

Why? You will not hear a difference between the two.

Notice how I did not mention anywhere in my question about differnce in sound.  The question was more about build quality, reliability, and possibly options that differed between the two that someone who actually has experience with either amp liked better or did not like for that matter.

Nor did he state anything about difference in sound, he was referring to the power levels. You wont gain any output from switching amps. If you want to do it just to spend money or for cosmetics then go ahead.

His point was behind his simple one word question, "Why?"

Why would you want to change from a perfectly good working amp to another amp that doesn't have any real benefit to do so?  What, if any, difference in power there is between the two will not be audible and barely even measurable.  Because of that fact, and especially for daily systems that aren't being used to chase numbers in competition, it rarely ever makes any sense to change up amps with no other real benefit to be had from doing so.

I would also not be the least bit interested in using an amp that posts it's power ratings derived from some "oscilloscope" method and that damn SMD AD-1.

Glad to help.  BTW, where are you at in Illinois?  I'm just East of Lawrenceville in Indiana.