Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

ETHOS ORDERS CLOSED

Orders are now closed for all Ethos drivers.  Estimated time of arrival on the orders purchased through the preorder is scheduled in towards the end of October. We will update customers as we get more up to date information from our suppliers.  We are working on getting all soft parts assembled so we will only have to drop in the soft parts once the motors arrive.  This will minimize build time greatly.  All pre-order sales are final.  No refunds will be issued for pre-orders.  The arrival time is an estimated timeframe only.  The drivers could arrive earlier or later than expected.

Due to unexpectedly high sales volume we have sold 90 percent of the Ethos motors ordered so we must hault sales until the next run of motors arrive which is expected to arrive sometime in February 2015.  It is possible we may open a preorder on that run of motors during the Christmas holidays.

In the upcoming days we will be introducing a 3inch coil driver that has a linear xmax throughout the usable mechanical xmech of our current soft parts (~40mm one way).  Recommended RMS will be in the 2,500 watt range.  This driver was developed with the help of Enrique Stilles of STEP Technologies and is the first transducer ever developed with three magnetic air gaps.  Current estimated retail pricing will be $535.95 for the 15" and $555.95 for the 18" version.  Pictures, T/S parameters, and Klippel results will be coming soon.

Once introduced customer wanting to upgrade from the Ethos to the Trident will have the option to do so.

Man I place a order for a ethos because I kept reading 2nd week of October I hope I get it before finals oct 24th...

Even though I didn't purchase it with a clear and concise goal for it in mind I'm glad I got mine purchased before sales closed.  

I'm glad everything is taking off for you on this venture Quentin.  It seems from our conversations on the subject the realization of a dream and I hope everything continues to move forward in a consistent manner.

I look forward to having conversations with people about your products and being able to say, "Yeah, and I met him in person.  I'm the one who sold him the DSS demo vehicle!"  lol

In all seriousness though, I'm looking forward to receiving the Ethos and showing it off every opportunity I get.  My plans right now are simply to build it an enclosure that will have it perform well in any of the vehicles I have so that I can demo it to folks and on different power levels too.

Will this be available again anytime? A day late and a sub short. Had a set of subs go out this past week. Now looking for something to replace these.  

Man I place a order for a ethos because I kept reading 2nd week of October I hope I get it before finals oct 24th...

Pre-order dates are not always accurate, just a chance you gotta take.

Will this be available again anytime? A day late and a sub short. Had a set of subs go out this past week. Now looking for something to replace these.

Not till February Edited by jay-cee

Cant wait till febuary. Sencheezy is the one who put me on to dss and I'm looking forward to running these this coming year

Cant wait till febuary. Sencheezy is the one who put me on to dss and I'm looking forward to running these this coming year

Looks like you are gonna have to wait unless some people decide to sell their Ethos.