Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SA-18 SPL Testing

Did some SPL testing in the Jeep with the 18" version of the "Magic Box" this morning -- it is slightly less efficient than the 15" version but still does well. I am pleased with the results -- will continue to push for more score as time permits :

IMAG1084.jpg

IMAG1085.jpg

IMAG1087.jpg

IMAG1089.jpg

IMAG1086.jpg

IMAG1088.jpg

Holy crap. 6 times as much power, but it sure opened up lol. I see Gary throwing 2 of these in to test them out just for the hell of it.

IMAG1091.jpg

Tweaked it a little more -- this is going to be it without getting a "real" power setup in here. Seeing ~11.1v at the amp terminals so not going to get more juice as it sits.

May drop in some more batteries and bigger amps some time this week to see where the SA-18 tops out smile.png

IMAG1094.jpg

** Score on the right is legal score with more power; seems like it may be tapped out now... but will try a little more later.

IMAG1095.jpg

** This is what we dropped in for testing; basically battery limited now.

Can you meter it on 600-1000 rms? It would be more realistic power range that most people would run in a daily setup for non competitors.

Edited by Stephen93s10

Can you meter it on 600-1000 rms? It would be more realistic power range that most people would run in a daily setup for non competitors.

He did in the first test

Did the final Outlaw test of the day and hit my estimate :

IMAG1096.jpg

Derrick took a video of this run as well :

Sign in to follow this