dsrt4

BL 15 Magnet cover?

I'd get a new sub right now since they offered. I don't 100% believe/agree that a chip in the magnets/motor is less of a concern that a scatch on the frame. Something was wrong with that fairly expensive driver. You will feel so much better knowing you have what you saved and paid for in the end if you are patient, I think you'll be more than happy with your new 100% BL.

I am alright with sticking with one.

If something were to happen to it later down the road say a Magnet cracking I would expect them to repair the woofer. 

I have friends and family coming in this weekend and have been wanting to show the box off I spent ages making with the sub in it ....so no matter what it's going into the box and will be running this weekend,

Exactly, IF SOMETHING WERE TO HAPPEN TO IT.... Then I really doubt they would replace it FOR FREE. I love my Fi Q and would be very p o'd if I got my first or as SacredTanakh has claimed, has received every sub, with a definitive defective motor structure.

Personally, I might be talking to every one on behalf of everyone who earns less than $50k a year, saving for 1 speaker that counts almost 1% of our yearly income isn't easy and I would expect a perfect product, that's why "we" don't buy hifonics or Sony subwoofers.

I'm glad to hear Fi would replace and/or locate a boot for you. Their drivers are personally hand made, and sometimes you get the one that has the chip. I would of personally asked for a 20$ credit or a hoodie or something to nullify the damage.

Great driver, and a good choice!

If he can find a Boot that fits it and covers it up real nice like I would be alright with that compromise and I told Scott that.    It was for sure a big expenditure for me and I do appreciate his concern and that he just didn't blow me off.