Sign in to follow this  
shonB

CT Sounds 4000.1 - help!

okay, just had a chance to clamp my ct sounds 4000.1. Not impressed and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what i could be doing wrong.

Had a SQ 2200 and it is considerably louder than it but still i would like to see the amp do rated...

54v x 48.2 amps at .5 nominal... rise to 1.12... 2603 watts - 50 hertz - drop to 11.8 on dmm at dual inputs, not gain knob... at 12.4 volts that would still be less than 3000 if my math is correct... that was using the clip light to set gain tho and i have heard they are early... didnt have time to check oscope against it...

2004 blazer, 240 mechman, duracell agm 34 under hood, 400 amp fuse, duracell agm 31 in rear, Kicker 1/0 BIG 3, SHCA 2/0 to the back battery, SHCA 1/0 x 2 to the amp, hdc3 15s d2...

IDEAS OR THOUGHTS ANYONE?

any info will be appreciated!

I don't think you have enough electrical backbone.  That amp would probably have to have a solid 14+ volts to get anywhere near the 4k rating.  

Of course that's just a guess.

probably right... supposed to do 4000 @ 12.4 and i think 4800 or so at 14+...

yeah stephen... i made a mistake i know... should have never left my soundqubed line...

I hate to say it and I know it's harsh, but I don't care if the website says 10,000 @ 12.8.  They can rate it anything they want to, that doesn't mean it's going to actually do it.

i know thats the truth... typical with most companies but i thought ct was legit... its okay but not what i want

Isn't CT Sounds owned by that "CTHEDINGER" guy? I remember lots of questions about the validity of the ratings on his products and I'm not talking just the amps.

IMHO its hard for me to believe that the majority of the amps on the market, especially the big Multi-Kilowatt well over 1,500/2,000 watt ones, can actually produce the specified ratings without being deep into clipping/distortion. It just doesn't seem like there's enough to them to me. Of course I also remember the good 'ol days when 1K amps were the size of surfboards.

Yeah, thats the owner. I posted this same post on SMD a day or 2 ago under the CT Sounds forum where he frequents and haven't had a single reply?????

I knew a guy that had 2 of these. Something is either wrong with the amp or like others have said, your electrical isn't up to par. This did better on a clamp and got louder on a meter over a nendo 5500 in my setup. Hell, mine was done on a 0.5ohm dcr and put out near 60% better than your posting. I can't even remember the rise as this was some time ago.

I can also add that I blew 1 of 2 of them Friday night at slamology so I had to wire the 1 to 2.1ohm dcr and went in the 4k class and clamped 2700 watt.

Oh, and yes the clip light is utter rubbish on those things. 

i agree with you guys... ill have a sq3500asap... thanks for the advice

i agree with you guys... ill have a sq3500asap... thanks for the advice

Sure there's the SQ Q1-3500.  There's also the Sundown SAZ-4500 and SCV-4000, the Crescendo BC-3500, and the Ampere Audio AA-3800.1 as a few alternatives that would be worth considering.

BTW, the Jimmy is home from work, lol.

Yeah I didn't figure it's work out for you to see it beforehand...  Damn luck...

There's a atomic 5k for sale for 700.00 just saying I was going to jump on it but something else came up

u never had this one hooked up nadcicle?

Ah!, you are the 1 that bought the brand new one. Yes I did hook it up to make sure that it worked before I shipped it out. The reason it was new was because the one before it was blown during Slamology. That one was never stressed. It was simply hooked up to power and turned up until we seen it was pushing the transducer. I even made a video of it working that SWIFT recorded me on. That thing has only ever seen power for the second time. The first was just for me to appease myself when it came in to make sure it wasn't dead on arrival. The second was to document the serial number and buyers username. The used amp that was for sell at the same time was the one that got put through the paces. I personally didn't have anything but problems with that bass knob with the original one. I literally threw the damn thing away cause it got on my nerves with showing incorrect voltage, premature clipping, and not being a gain knob, but more of a bass boost knob. 

i see... i may send this in after i do a couple more tests... i dont think its right... i will get it some more power first before i say for sure

i see... i may send this in after i do a couple more tests... i dont think its right... i will get it some more power first before i say for sure

Worse comes to worse tell Casey you got it from me. Warranty is full transferable, then if the new one does the same then sell it like everyone says.