psychomantis

Questions about building a new system.

As it states in have a few questions about a new system. So far in have a set of i65c in the front doors and an alpine ute52bt I'm not sure where to go from there. It want to run passive due to i don't have the ear for tuning. Also if am looking at an xcon. I'm not sure about amps to power what is have now. Or if it should look at other things.. any info would help or suggestions.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of shooting for the stars, but from what I'm gathering from your post here you should probably start with something more suited to learning as a beginner.  

The XCON is a truly great sub and would serve you well, but in the event of you not getting things setup correctly and something should happen to it that would be a costly mistake.  Maybe trying something a little more down to earth to start out with would be a better and less expensive endeavor.  

You've already got a decent set of components with those Incriminators.  You should find a good deal on a decent 4 channel amp and pick up something like a DCON, GCON or similar.  Bridge one pair of channels on the amp to the sub and concentrate on making sure the enclosure is ideal and I think you'd be surprised and very happy with the results.  A lot of people think they have to have a lot of power to have a good and loud setup but the truth is that for daily listening a few hundred watts can be pretty impressive when correctly implemented.  My sister is using a single 12" DCON and it continues to impress me when we try new music on it and it impresses everyone who she's demoed it for as well.

I don't mean to offend, it's just my .02 worth

Yeah I'm still looking around. No offense taken. I'm still looking around. I. Unsure still I haven't heard many systems yet so I don't have alot of basis. Though I lave lots of space. .