Sign in to follow this  
Dangercdv

What subs for my car?

I am currently running 2 (400rms each) Sundown E-12s each in a 1.2 cubic foot ported box at 36hz. Powered by a Hifonics 1700.1

I recently found out that I could put a box in my back seat that will hold 2 15s. (R/T 300 series) thats 3.2 cubic feet per sub tuned at 32hz. Yes I understand 3.2 is just under the gross volume and does not account for the port. I also know it isn't the best box in the world but I can't afford much more right now and it is better than what I have.

I have a convertible so I lose a lot of sound but I wanted to upgrade from the 12s to really just have more cone area and maybe a sub that will handle more power than the E series from sundown.

I have been looking at several options but was thinking either the Soundqubed 2, or 3 series. I really like the HDS215, but why is it so cheap? Would I be happy with it, I love the price but I don't want it to be worse than my 12s. 

Edited by Dangercdv

I think the box is going to make the difference. Along with how much power are you going to give them.

I wouldn't put subs in my back seat area myself, sucks about the loss of output but that is the downfall to having a convertible.

I have moved the subs from the trunk to my backseat and have enjoyed the difference, much better quality and loudness. 
So im trying to counter some loss of output through more cone area and box.
What 15 would do well in ~3 cubes of air at 32ish hz. So I can get two of those :)

I would like something under $200 especially since I know the 2 400rms sundown 12s can handle the amp, i know theres no reason to buy ridiculous expensive subs for this car.

I think you would get better results spending the money building a new enclosure for the subs you have

I have buyers for my current subs and boxes for $300, which will mean im spending hardly anything at all on the new boxes and subs...so, yeah. I do value that opinion but im just trying to find the best 15 for what I need.