Adrian_D

AccuWave Pressure Meter teasers

Also, the communication protocol will be open, anybody interested will be able to develop apps for it.

This I like!

Quick question, we currently have quite a few clamped classes hitting organizations across the US and was just wondering if you guys have any future plans of implementing something like this in to the mix to be a direct competitor the the TL? Truthfully, I could care less about clamping normally, but if I have to do it in my org then I'd just like to have it if possible instead of pulling out my clamp, and two multimeters.

Interesting idea.

We will surely look into it. Unfortunately the current box is stuffed. But why not Accuwave ACM-1? Wireless, same software, same box...

That could go on our to-do list...

If anybody has any more ideas, please throw them at us. We gladly accept any input. :D

The point is to have a simpler, cheaper and more flexible calibrated SPL meter.

Initially the software will be for Android, but Windows software will be available ASAP. Not sure yet about IOS.

By bluetooth or a cable?

Edited by pmureika

All bluetooth. No cables. Cables break and get lost.

fing34.gif

We are "lazy" people. We like stuff to just work out of the box and require no maintainace. Except for changing batteries once in a while.

We are "lazy" people. We like stuff to just work out of the box and require no maintainace. Except for changing batteries once in a while.

so much truth in such a short statement.

I've had too many troubles with TermLab cables, wireless is the way to go :D

Once this is up and running we need to post a topic and brainstorm ideas for a wireless multimeter. 

Question for the future users:

What would you like on the initial App interface? Is the spectogram and sine wave display essential? Or could that be integrated in an "advanced" mode?

Question for the future users:

What would you like on the initial App interface? Is the spectogram and sine wave display essential? Or could that be integrated in an "advanced" mode?

Seeing the dB to Frequency graph helps a ton when trying to determine how "flat" a setup is. It also helps to determine peak frequency when is extremely close to other frequencies. I see this as being a swipe right to be seen kind of thing and swipe left to see dB score. 

Once this is up and running we need to post a topic and brainstorm ideas for a wireless multimeter.

Somehow route an inline bluetooth device hooked up to the amps +\- that can transmit real time to phones/tablet/laptop display??? Anywhere within the bt distance should provide instant feedback. Not sure if feasible, but that would be sweet to have wireless dmm and volt meter thats accurate.

Somehow route an inline bluetooth device hooked up to the amps +\- that can transmit real time to phones/tablet/laptop display??? Anywhere within the bt distance should provide instant feedback. Not sure if feasible, but that would be sweet to have wireless dmm and volt meter thats accurate.

Exactly that. Stay tuned.

Exactly that. Stay tuned.
That would be sweet, as somehow after a month, the wires on my cheapo stinger vm melted and shorted out 4' from the amp.Still unsure as to what caused it. Staying tuned for Exciting advancements...

First test against the TermLab after hitting development milestones smile.png

We think it's close. 

Price range will be around 300-350$ shipped. 

Also, lifetime warranty :D

Edited by groowe

Is that accurate price range? I'm pretty sure the price will be the deciding factor to most as this is being looked as a SPL meter and people will look at it as paying for the name on unit SPL/SSA. I am sure there are things that set it apart just curious.

Is that accurate price range? I'm pretty sure the price will be the deciding factor to most as this is being looked as a SPL meter and people will look at it as paying for the name on unit SPL/SSA. I am sure there are things that set it apart just curious.

If you read through the entire posting It was stated that groowe was one of the people working on the meter, so I would bet the price range of 300-350$ is accurate.

Not for a wireless meter going through a dealer. Impossible.

Add another $100 to that and be more likely.

Check out the new topic, SSA are our official dealers in North America