Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

Sundown Tooled 18" Frame : Completed

The tool is done and the very first unit rolled out of the mold yesterday. I will have a sample to play with next week !!!

This one is currently patent pending (our 8, 10, 12, and 15 are already patented) -- ETA for full stock will be Jan-Feb of 2015.

This frame is ~8.3" tall, supports 6" p-p excursion, and up to a 12" spider (also have 10" and 9.25" landings)... it weighs in at 10-11 lbs (I'll weigh it myself when it gets here). I will finally be comfortable making TEAM 18s at that point.

The main bolt pattern is a new, bigger pattern for coils larger than 4" in diameter. For all current designs we have a cast aluminum adapter piece that attaches to the base for a standard 127mm bolt pattern.

All current products will still use a 10" spider and current surround sizes -- future motors that support the additional throw allowed by the basket will move up to the 12" spider landing at that time and will also receive a newly tooled surround to mate up to that (no ETA to announce yet for that).

Anyway... it's been a long time coming; enjoy the photos!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

very nice, its like a work of art

Some photos mocked up to a TEAM motor along with the bolt pattern adapter in place:

IMAG1169.jpg

IMAG1170.jpg

IMAG1171.jpg

IMAG1175.jpg

In the future bigger motors will have the bigger 8-bolt pattern on them in addition to the 127mm pattern; so we'll only need to use the adapter on 3" coil motors. But the adapter ensures we can mate this frame up to any of our existing motors on the market.

Can we expect a sub coming out soon with about 6" excursion?

Can we expect a sub coming out soon with about 6" excursion?

I wouldn't go as far as saying SOON but I'll be working hard on it smile.png

Sign in to follow this