Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Mckendry

Two Sa10's or 1 Bl 15?

What would be louder? Currently have a bl 15 in a 3.1 cu box. I was wondering if two Sa 10's in a walled trunk would sound louder then my one 15?

I dont know if this makes any difference but my 15 is firing upwards in the back of my car.

What type of automobile? Why would you not fire the bl toward the plate? And where is the port firing?

If I had to guess the bl is experiencing cancelation issues..But really you need to post more info on your gear amplifier,ect. tunning frequency of current enclosure and so on...

2010 malibu. The sub is firing upwards because it wouldnt fit because of height of the trunk. port is facing the rear.The box is tuned to 30hz, 1500d hifonics wired at 1 ohm.

I have a 2011 Malibu. Prob same trunk. I've been fighting this trunk for a while. Currently have 2 sa12s in mine. About 4 cu ft. Firing forward. Sounds ok. Never put a 15 in the trunk yet so I can't compare. Forward firing port on driver side with that seat down is the best I've got it.

null.jpg

Currently have sweatshirts stuffed around the sides to semi seal it off. If I was to do it again I would use higher grade subs.