Sign in to follow this  
EPerez

How does this blow-thru"

Title should read "How does this "Blow-Thru" type box look? 2 12" Ethos.

So I wasn't sure if I just wanted to take my rear seat out and do like a half wall with more cone area or not. I came across this idea though before I would do that. I wanna take out the 40 back part of the seat of the 40/60 seats that fold down and then have a long external port from my box come through there and then lay down a board to block the open area so it's sealed off from the trunk. If you don't understand I have pics below to show what I mean.

Would this work good though? It would be like porting through the ski-hole armrest in the back seat, but just a larger opening. The external part of the port isn't too long right?

Also is 4 cubes with 63in2 of port area good for 2 12" Ethos? I have it at that and tuned to 30.5hz for my 3d Sketch Up.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/tbPerez/2014%20Fusion%20Build/ExternalPort_zpsbf2b105c.jpg

For the link to the pic above is the model.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/tbPerez/2014%20Fusion%20Build/7CF727AF-3FBF-4FB6-BAF2-FD67A9791358_zpsufk5a5fw.jpg

For the link to the pic above is of the snap chat drawing I did lol The cyan color is the port coming thru the board which would be red. The green arrow point to the 40 seat that is laying down. I want to remove that.

Edited by Bassink

Thats cool....I dont really have much to add as my box expertise isnt up to parr yet!!!!

I think Q recommends 40in^2 of port area for one 12.

Also welcome back!!

Thats cool....I dont really have much to add as my box expertise isnt up to parr yet!!!!

I think Q recommends 40in^2 of port area for one 12.

Also welcome back!!

Thanks man

I did less port area since I will be using less than rated power.