Sign in to follow this  
riored4v

Thinking of switching sub setup..

Give me the total space you have to work with..What vehicle and gear you are going with,and i would be glad to help.

Total space is already given, car is in the profile and listed in this thread as well.

Give me the total space you have to work with..What vehicle and gear you are going with,and i would be glad to help.

Total space is already given, car is in the profile and listed in this thread as well.

Oh.. sorry I  must have missed that when I scrolled back through the thread........

My opinion..I would do away with the tube port.And L port that dude at 4 ft3@ 35hz..Like I said this is my opinion

Are you seriously suggesting 4 cu ft for a 12"?

going for spl..yea maybe 3.5 that is just me though..

Edited by mikel7829

Uh no, I'd stick with the manufacturers recommendation. A box that large tuned that high WILL sound horrible.

Uh no, I'd stick with the manufacturers recommendation. A box that large tuned that high WILL sound horrible.

Like i stated thats just me..Could it not handle it?

What does it matter if it could handle it if it will sound horrible?

These subs were already desinged for smaller enclosures to begin with.

Edited by jay-cee

It matters..

...... Edited by mikel7829

Ethos like small boxes. I know this!

No plans of reconing it. I already like the sub as it is and I prefer a smaller box, thus the reason for this thread. I think I can actually achieve more hatch space with the two variations I mentioned above along with better sound since my box was clearly wrong. I do appreciate the offer to help though!

Edited by riored4v

Oh im sorry for giving my personal opinion on this..

That is terrible advice. Dss recommends 1.5 ft3 tuned to 32hz with 40in2 of port. You would get terrible performs out of the ethos 12" in that large of an enclosure. Chances are you would also damage it. The reason I love SSA is because of the solid accurate advise so please stop given such bad advice.

That is terrible advice. Dss recommends 1.5 ft3 tuned to 32hz with 40in2 of port. You would get terrible performs out of the ethos 12" in that large of an enclosure. Chances are you would also damage it. The reason I love SSA is because of the solid accurate advise so please stop given such bad advice.

Like i said thats what i would do !!!for fun i havent been to that website for the specs I dont give bad advice so take it how you want it.. I am intitled to my opinion last time i checked!

Like i said thats what i would do !!!for fun i havent been to that website for the specs I dont give bad advice so take it how you want it.. I am intitled to my opinion last time i checked!

That is bad advice. You haven't done your home work.

Omg! Lol i said thats what i would do..not for him to do it..

Ok how about this for example..Say i tell you it's fun to get drunk and bang two fat chicks at once..Are you going to look at it like im trying to give you advice..Or would you just think thats my prefferance and keep your box springs from crashing to the floor?

Then why post it?

You kind of implied that is what I should do.  You asked for the specs on my areas to work with, car, etc etc then mentioned that I should L port it @ 4cft @ 35hz. 

Being totally off-spec or not, it was way off from what I was asking of the forum, which was info on how to go about a smaller and better enclosure for the Ethos since the current one isn't ideal for it.   

Then why post it?

Why bang fat chicks?

Then why post it?

Well sorry..maybe i hould pay more attention when im drinking..

Why bang fat chicks?

You kind of implied that is what I should do.  You asked for the specs on my areas to work with, car, etc etc then mentioned that I should L port it @ 4cft @ 35hz.  Being totally off-spec or not, it was way off from what I was asking of the forum, which was info on how to go about a smaller and better enclosure for the Ethos since the current one isn't ideal for it.

Just stop. You are not making anything better. Just let it go.

Next time you want to give advice about a product you know nothing about, don't. Or, do, and just add in somewhere, "OPINION NOT FACT" so there is no confusion that you are talking out your rumpelstiltskin.

Just stop. You are not making anything better. Just let it go.Next time you want to give advice about a product you know nothing about, don't. Or, do, and just add in somewhere, "OPINION NOT FACT" so there is no confusion that you are talking out your rumpelstiltskin.

No harm intended lol I did say opinion like 10 times probably

Just stop. You are not making anything better. Just let it go.Next time you want to give advice about a product you know nothing about, don't. Or, do, and just add in somewhere, "OPINION NOT FACT" so there is no confusion that you are talking out your rumpelstiltskin.

No harm intended lol I did say opinion like 10 times probably

All good.  I just want to make sure the info I provided doesn't get buried.

I've been playing around with calculators this morning online and it seems like I can make something work in the areas I provided.  Unfortuantely I'm not familiar with making sure port area and stuff are where they should be, so that's where I would need the help in designing something up.