mikel7829

Lil project

The Buick 231 should be complete with twin t-66..Intercooler I have ordered is for a twin,but will be caped for a single should not loose to much..

Will start at 8psi and climb....

You should really rethink the turbo size.  Running twin t66's at 8psi will be way far off from where you want to be on the map.  And of course if you want to crank the psi on a pair of t66's you better have a king sized wallet to make that block live.

It also doesn't correlate well with the 4l60e as a single T66 is enough to melt a built one, two will require a stage 3 or higher 4l80 to make it more than a few passes....if that.

I was meaning starting at 8psi and climb from there with the single t70 on the current engine..Just for shits and giggles till I am ready to swap to the Buick 231.I will have a back up plan for the trans,if I remember correctly 4l80 and up will have to have a adapter for the bell housing to bolt to the 231.

The Buick 231 should be complete with twin t-66..Intercooler I have ordered is for a twin,but will be caped for a single should not loose to much..

You should really rethink the turbo size.  Running twin t66's at 8psi will be way far off from where you want to be on the map.  And of course if you want to crank the psi on a pair of t66's you better have a king sized wallet to make that block live.

It also doesn't correlate well with the 4l60e as a single T66 is enough to melt a built one, two will require a stage 3 or higher 4l80 to make it more than a few passes....if that.

If not the T66's.. What would you think? It is not like I have to run full boost and I would have way headroom..

Actually thinking of trying the Big Bubba bov's...

If not the T66's.. What would you think? It is not like I have to run full boost and I would have way headroom..

Headroom is NOT the goal of a turbo unless you like lag.  Efficiency should be your goal.  You size the turbo for power and then make sure you have enough motor to push it.  ie, you need a power goal and details of the rest of your air pump to answer the which turbo question.