Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

2014 ETHOS 12 DUAL 2 KLIPPEL REPORT

Below is LPM or your typical small signal T/S parameters which I DO NOT use. (I'll get to that in a minute)

LPMPARAMETERS_zps33e3ebd3.jpg

lpmimpedance_zps025b4dfe.png

lpmvoltage_zps1b01b6f3.png

lpmcurrent_zpsbbbbcbdb.png

lpmcoildisplacement_zpsb5e89a69.png

^ AS YOU CAN SEE THE CONE ONLY MOVED ABOUT .1MM  THAT'S ONE TENTH OF A MILLIMETER!

Large signal being uploaded now.

LPMPARAMETERS_zps33e3ebd3.jpg

LSIPARAMETERS_zpsd0479915.jpg

LOOK AT THE HUGE DIFFERENCE IN PARAMETERS.  The LSI shown is a bit different than the ones I publish because this is an instant snapshot at zero xmax during testing.  I take 10 points throughout the testing and average them to get average LSI parameters.  Below is the set up for the klippel.  Basically telling it how much power to give it and how to limit excursion based on percentage parts limits (limits used when distortion can become audible).  Below is how far the cone moved during large signal identification.

LSISETUPPARAMETERS_zps7e6eecb9.jpg

img_45_Displacement_zps25579404.png

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

Just jibberish to me but i do appreciate all the info you provide about the products you offer.

Just jibberish to me but i do appreciate all the info you provide about the products you offer.

That's how I feel! Complete different language to me lol

But I'm sure many will appreciate this info.

I understand some but not near as much as what I would I like.

Is the suspension stiffer on the rearward stroke? Probably not a big deal for a subwoofer though.

Is the suspension stiffer on the rearward stroke? Probably not a big deal for a subwoofer though.

Distortion caused by the suspension in the sub realm is inaudible. But this is a common occursnce in most every suspension. You'll see some transducers with spaced spiders and the bottom set will be inverted to help offset the nonlinear action of the suspension. But the edge (surround) plays a huge roll also.

If you look at the "distortion analysis" graph you will see that the suspension and inductance is inducing 30-40 percent distortion (in other words playing 40 percent more signal than the pink noise being played).

This is why you have to look at specs that deal with linearality and distortion in context.

These drivers look to be very well thought out and designed.  I look forward to using one some day...  Good job Quentin...

Its been a long time coming and thanksgiving is around the corner :) I cant wait to get my Ethos! Its gonna be so killer to finally have my subs and my setup up and playing. . I started this in july and it almost done! Dont kno if it even possible to be more excited then I am :)

Sory I posted same post twice..have a great day everyone!

Edited by sundownclown

Its been a long time coming and thanksgiving is around the corner :) I cant wait to get my Ethos! Its gonna be so killer to finally have my subs and my setup up and playing. . I started this in july and it almost done! Dont kno if it even possible to be more excited then I am :)

Dude we know, you post in every thread about the Ethos just to tell us.

Yea its driving me a lil crazy waiting this long

I can refund your payment if you like.

I can refund your payment if you like.
thanks for the offer I have waited this long and got my box made the ethos so I guess Ill just wait it out.. its my bad for not reading the red writing on the site saying first week of October was just an estimate..