Sign in to follow this  
afearlesshunter

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SSA Xcon

Hello all! This will be really really slow going since this is a high school build lol. Anyways, I started out 2 years ago with a 92 pontiac sunbird and put a little pioneer 12 in it and its been a steady road ever since. Here i am now with a newer vehicle and bigger plans.

Vehicle: 03 Jeep Grand Cherokee 

Current Gear:

Kenwood KDC-X397

4 gauge knu cca

Alpine MRV-500

SSA Xcon 18 biggrin.png

Future: 

Crescendo Symphony 1500 (hopefully soon)

1/0 Welding Cable

....maybe two xcons c-pillar wall....

The jeep

10646972_664856220276497_860253515118892

Kenwood

image-4.jpeg

Most recently removed setup

image-1.jpeg

Box

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

And its In!!!!

photo1.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

Edited by afearlesshunter

Looks good!  How's it sound.  I sure wish I had a clue about car audio back in hikes school.

Looks good!  How's it sound.  I sure wish I had a clue about car audio back in hikes school.

Thanks! I'm not sure how it exactly sounds since its below 15 degrees here.. I have been playing it but its so cold the sound is a little different than actual warmth lol. On 250 watts or so (Gain set at -3db so maybe a little less on music) it isn't as loud the two 12's but the lows are ridiculous. Can't wait to get a real amp on it.

Crescendo Symphony s1500 arrived!

photo5.jpg

On 4 gauge for now 4 ohms fused at 80 amps 

photo4.jpg

Subsonic set at 10z because anything above that i start losing a ton at 27hz... help lol

Enclosure is tuned to 30hz.

Are you sure? Did you design the enclosure or did somebody else do it?

Need dimensions and specs as to how you determined that.

Also sounds like you don't have enough electrical to run it. Do you have extra batteries?

What is the voltage at the amp?

Edited by pmureika

Enclosure is tuned to 30hz.

Are you sure? Did you design the enclosure or did somebody else do it?

Need dimensions and specs as to how you determined that.

Also sounds like you don't have enough electrical to run it. Do you have extra batteries?

What is the voltage at the amp?

SSA Designed the box, they say its tuned to 30hz so thats the info I'm rollin with.

136 amp alternator with a group 65 diehard gold for now. Power will and big 3 will be 1/0 when it comes in the mail. I do plan on getting a 270-320 amp alternator in the next few months. For now gain will be set accordingly for the electrical i do have and I will be getting a new volt meter to monitor hopefully at the battery and the amp itself. 

Amp sees between 13.8-14.4 depending on temperature. No voltage drop so far, we'll see what happens with more power.

Edited by afearlesshunter

Something sounds a little off to me that the subsonic is affecting the signal as soon as you start to turn it up.  Even so, if you built the enclosure exactly as the designated design calls for then it should be right.  The thing to do is start to play a tone at about 25 to 27hz and turn it up enough to get the sub moving as good as you safely can.  Then turn the subsonic up until you see about half the movement you did before you adjusted the subsonic.  That will have the subsonic set where it should be.

I just noticed you're a fellow Hoosier.  Where you at in this state?

Something sounds a little off to me that the subsonic is affecting the signal as soon as you start to turn it up.  Even so, if you built the enclosure exactly as the designated design calls for then it should be right.  The thing to do is start to play a tone at about 25 to 27hz and turn it up enough to get the sub moving as good as you safely can.  Then turn the subsonic up until you see about half the movement you did before you adjusted the subsonic.  That will have the subsonic set where it should be.

I just noticed you're a fellow Hoosier.  Where you at in this state?

Thanks, ill try that this weekend since it will be in the garage all weekend. Got bags for the rear and some other goodies rockwoot.gif

Im in Greenfield IN. white trash central. lol

Awesome, nothing like goodies for the ride!

Greenfield, neato, lol.  I've only ever driven through on the interstate, never been to the area for any length of time so I don't know anything about it.  There's nothing but fields and coal mines around here, but if you ever have a reason to come down to Knox County (or nearby) look me up!

Was about to order fuse blocks and terminals but shipping is as much as the order... holy f... Guess i need to wait to buy other stuff and raise my total lol

Welding cable is all in. Big 3 is done. Just waiting on speaker wire to show up friday to drop to 1 ohm adhd.gif

photo-6.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Dropped to 1 ohm. Slams like none other. Not sure what to do about the sun roof and headliner flopping everywhere ...