Nocturnus

2005 Volvo v50: Install version, eh, whatever.

OEM stereo -> Audiocontrol EQL -> Soundqubed Q1.750 -> Rockford PPS4-6 and Morel MDT-12 & Soundqubed Q1-750 -> Sundown SA-12D2

pooped.jpg

Quick snap.  Box is big and awkward.  Its turns up around 2ft3 after sub and port displacment.  The box nex to it is for a 2nd battery (XS D3100, I know that is too big for the little amp, but got that battery when I had a SQ Q1-2200).  Sad thing is I need a 2nd battery even for that 750w amp.  Maybe I should buy a smaller battery.  But it;s easy to build a new box,.  So i'll see how this all works out in the next couple weeks.

OEM stereo -> Audiocontrol EQL -> Soundqubed Q1.750 -> Rockford PPS4-6 and Morel MDT-12 & Soundqubed Q1-750 -> Sundown SA-12D2

pooped.jpg

Quick snap.  Box is big and awkward.  Its turns up around 2ft3 after sub and port displacment.  The box nex to it is for a 2nd battery (XS D3100, I know that is too big for the little amp, but got that battery when I had a SQ Q1-2200).  Sad thing is I need a 2nd battery even for that 750w amp.  Maybe I should buy a smaller battery.  But it;s easy to build a new box,.  So i'll see how this all works out in the next couple weeks.

I luv the new volvo sedans!!!!!!

I'm really not a fan of how tall the box is.  But it's the only way to be able to get the sub to clear the amp rack.  My original idea was to fire sub up and port back, which would make for a wider shorter box.  I should prob sell that D3100 local and get a smaller XS power battery if need be.

Slow going.  Ports still need to be rounded over (port is not attached to box at this time.

boxed.jpg

Might do some more work today after i get off work.  Either try to finish the box or get the amp rack in place and locked down and mount amps and such on it.

Keep us updated. :)

nice

Ok, finally started over today. Box is cut, just needs to get 45's put in, port cut out/rounded, speaker opening cut, and glued/nailed. We built ther box on ther bigger side (2.52ft3 @ 29hz). We will loose some space due to th 45's and some bracing,. Should be in the car Friday for testing. Need to see if the SQ 750w amp does it or of I need to get the SQ1200w.

sa-12-box.jpg

Gear list as it sits.

OEM HU

SoundQubed Q4-120

SoundQubed Q1-750

AudioControl EQL

Sundown SA-12

Rockford Fosgate PUNCH PPS4-6 6.5"

Morel MDT 12 1-1/8" Neodymium Tweeter (love those tweetersd, been using that model since around 2002)

Need to see if the SQ 750w amp does it or of I need to get the SQ1200w.

If the SQ doesn't do it, neither will the 1200.  Not really an audible difference of note there.*

*assuming that the ratings are 750w and 1200w like they look as I've not looked at an SQ amp

Little more progress today. Ports all built just sitting in the box, Too damn hot in the garage to finish today.

20150710184927-a33424ca.jpg

Please ignore the big ass rats nest of wires, this will all change.

I was seeing how this old amp rack I made fit on top the box. I will end up with a new rack that mounts on top of the box with 3/4" space between for wires/etc. I will have a trim piece that covers and will all remove to show the amps.

Second battery will be in the spare tire well along with all power/ground/relay/anything power related.

EQ/DSP will go on a flase floor on the driver side of the hatch.

Got lots to do, but so far it sounds pretty good and however this happened, I like it better then the DC18 on the SQ 2200w amp.

20150717195959-b11a3181.jpg

Gotta love it when things work out that way (ie loving this over the last setup).  I am looking forward to seeing how the finished product turns out.

LOL, me too! It's going to be a while. Next I need to pull everything out of the hatch clean and sound deaden, then I can start on placement. I got 4 days off thuis week so i got some time to work on things.