Sign in to follow this  
Shang Tsung

Help smell coming from back, one sub doesn't work.

I was burning a voice coil because of clipping. See what you're not understand is I have had these subs for a while, I KNOW them, the amp is new. Oh and for anyone downing me about BLOWING the other sub.... It didn't blow, it had faulty wiring inside by the plus and negative terminal. Sorry for being a dick but you guys never listened to what I said. "Gain is not a volume knob" No shit.... It was at 25% or LESS,  there was hardly ANY sound coming from the sub and guess why..... IT WAS TOO LOW! The GAIN wasn't the problem either, if you would have read, it was clipping from the low pass filter. I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough for some, but at the same time, "go ahead" just pass some shit I say up. I was WRONG about my Low pass, Ihad to check my subwoofers max frequency, but I never in a million years use my gain like a volume knob. It's different when you're throwing subs and an amp into someones car and actually trying to get serious about what you love. I made a few mistakes, but you guys need to notice that you came at me at an angle, with a FIRST RESPONSE! Way to introduce yourself to a new guy wink.png.

Edited by DEZn00ts1

If you are saying that you found some fault in the wiring, that may very well be what the problem was. Clipping from the low pass filter is doubtful. Unless you had a severely clipped signal to start with and the lpf was adjusted in such a way that it allowed it to reach the sub. Most music these days has clipping in it, it's when something gets pushed too far somewhere that more clipping will be introduced and cause failure if something isn't done about it. Setting your low pass filter above the subs listed "max frequency" isn't going to kill it. Listed frequency response of a sub is not a very useful number as the enclosure you have the sub in will have the largest impact on the response of you sub.

If you are saying that you found some fault in the wiring, that may very well be what the problem was. Clipping from the low pass filter is doubtful. Unless you had a severely clipped signal to start with and the lpf was adjusted in such a way that it allowed it to reach the sub. Most music these days has clipping in it, it's when something gets pushed too far somewhere that more clipping will be introduced and cause failure if something isn't done about it. Setting your low pass filter above the subs listed "max frequency" isn't going to kill it. Listed frequency response of a sub is not a very useful number as the enclosure you have the sub in will have the largest impact on the response of you sub.

Yea man My Low pass filter has a higher hz rating then the sub does, plus the sub is really light and obviously (if you see and felt it) doesn't compare in weight, craftsmanship or material. The two Alpine SWR 12D4 are light years ahead of what this shitty sub was. Lol@ me and I thought pioneers were good.... That's what I get for being poor... I was giving it too much power(which wasn't much) at 2ohms, 1400 watts, but my amp was not sending anywhere near 1400 to it.

Edited by DEZn00ts1

I was burning a voice coil because of clipping. See what you're not understand is I have had these subs for a while, I KNOW them, the amp is new. Oh and for anyone downing me about BLOWING the other sub.... It didn't blow, it had faulty wiring inside by the plus and negative terminal. Sorry for being a dick but you guys never listened to what I said. "Gain is not a volume knob" No shit.... It was at 25% or LESS,  there was hardly ANY sound coming from the sub and guess why..... IT WAS TOO LOW! The GAIN wasn't the problem either, if you would have read, it was clipping from the low pass filter. I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough for some, but at the same time, "go ahead" just pass some shit I say up. I was WRONG about my Low pass, Ihad to check my subwoofers max frequency, but I never in a million years use my gain like a volume knob. It's different when you're throwing subs and an amp into someones car and actually trying to get serious about what you love. I made a few mistakes, but you guys need to notice that you came at me at an angle, with a FIRST RESPONSE! Way to introduce yourself to a new guy wink.png.

What the fuck did you just pucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my pucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, pucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re pucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your pucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re pucking dead, kiddo.

Please stop feeding this kid, he is an obvious troll.

Edited by OhHotDayum

I was burning a voice coil because of clipping. See what you're not understand is I have had these subs for a while, I KNOW them, the amp is new. Oh and for anyone downing me about BLOWING the other sub.... It didn't blow, it had faulty wiring inside by the plus and negative terminal. Sorry for being a dick but you guys never listened to what I said. "Gain is not a volume knob" No shit.... It was at 25% or LESS, there was hardly ANY sound coming from the sub and guess why..... IT WAS TOO LOW! The GAIN wasn't the problem either, if you would have read, it was clipping from the low pass filter. I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough for some, but at the same time, "go ahead" just pass some shit I say up. I was WRONG about my Low pass, Ihad to check my subwoofers max frequency, but I never in a million years use my gain like a volume knob. It's different when you're throwing subs and an amp into someones car and actually trying to get serious about what you love. I made a few mistakes, but you guys need to notice that you came at me at an angle, with a FIRST RESPONSE! Way to introduce yourself to a new guy wink.png.

What the fuck did you just pucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my pucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, pucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re pucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your pucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re pucking dead, kiddo.

Where was this posted? Personal message? If so please forward it to me

I was burning a voice coil because of clipping. See what you're not understand is I have had these subs for a while, I KNOW them, the amp is new. Oh and for anyone downing me about BLOWING the other sub.... It didn't blow, it had faulty wiring inside by the plus and negative terminal. Sorry for being a dick but you guys never listened to what I said. "Gain is not a volume knob" No shit.... It was at 25% or LESS, there was hardly ANY sound coming from the sub and guess why..... IT WAS TOO LOW! The GAIN wasn't the problem either, if you would have read, it was clipping from the low pass filter. I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough for some, but at the same time, "go ahead" just pass some shit I say up. I was WRONG about my Low pass, Ihad to check my subwoofers max frequency, but I never in a million years use my gain like a volume knob. It's different when you're throwing subs and an amp into someones car and actually trying to get serious about what you love. I made a few mistakes, but you guys need to notice that you came at me at an angle, with a FIRST RESPONSE! Way to introduce yourself to a new guy wink.png.

What the fuck did you just pucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my pucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, pucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re pucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your pucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re pucking dead, kiddo.

Please stop feeding this kid, he is an obvious troll.[/quodid.

As a vet reading this.... Dude your the reason why we got such a bad rap and why people would call ME (a crew chief on passenger planes) a baby killer... All the training in the world can't save you forever... I regret nothing by getting out and away from people like you when I did

As a vet reading this.... Dude your the reason why we got such a bad rap and why people would call ME (a crew chief on passenger planes) a baby killer... All the training in the world can't save you forever... I regret nothing by getting out and away from people like you when I did

You do realize that this is not a serious message and i just copied and pasted it, right? If you read it you would easily be able to tell that it is a joke...

You do realize that this is not a serious message and i just copied and pasted it, right? If you read it you would easily be able to tell that it is a joke...

Actually, the more i think about it, who the hell even gives vets a bad rap? I mean its not like they protect our country or anything... (Sarcasm)

Join a branch and get back to me.... Not farfetched at all

Join a branch and get back to me.... Not farfetched at all

If it makes you feel any better i can use this:

What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll shit fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now.

Where was this posted? Personal message? If so please forward it to me

LMFAO!! he called me a troll and post a long ass message that has been used time and time again to troll people..... Wow. I got my answer from 2 people and I thank those 2 people.

I figured out what the problem was with my shit, My sub is rated at 220 hz and my Low pass on my amp is 250 I had it too high. Thanks to the last guy who didn't mock me. All the systems I hooked up before were little small shits, so they didn't over reach on the subs.

that had nothing to do with it. Not even close. No effect whatsoever in protecting or hurting your subs. It is a gain or install problem but to help we need you to listen and want help.

I figured out what the problem was with my shit, My sub is rated at 220 hz and my Low pass on my amp is 250 I had it too high. Thanks to the last guy who didn't mock me. All the systems I hooked up before were little small shits, so they didn't over reach on the subs.

that had nothing to do with it. Not even close. No effect whatsoever in protecting or hurting your subs. It is a gain or install problem but to help we need you to listen and want help.

Your right, it wasn't that... I was sending too much power to the sub and the voice coil started burning. sub is only 300 watts rms, it was so light and eh, couldn't handle what I was giving it. that's about it.

Ok ok ok.... I figured out the REAL reason I was burning my voice coil................ It's because the amp demanded a better sub, simple and plain. Not wattage wise, the sub wasn't a sub that could be used on the amp. It was a SVC 4ohm sub.... The amp manual stated I needed either a SVC 2 ohm sub or DVC 4ohm sub minimum.

EDIT: Did the big 3, added a battery, put the two new alpine type R's paird with the Hifonics BRX2000.1D. OMG this shit WANGS! I'm happy enough not to insult anyone, THANKS GUYS!

Edited by DEZn00ts1

Ok ok ok.... I figured out the REAL reason I was burning my voice coil................ It's because the amp demanded a better sub, simple and plain. Not wattage wise, the sub wasn't a sub that could be used on the amp. It was a SVC 4ohm sub.... The amp manual stated I needed either a SVC 2 ohm sub or DVC 4ohm sub minimum.

No.  This has absolutely nothing to due with what happened. 

You can't tell this dude anything. He knows why his equipment is blown but at the end of the day he doesn't why know why it blowed. Im just waiting for him to come back and post, "I have another smell coming from the trunk, these sorry ass type r's can't handle my badass hifonics amp.

You can't tell this dude anything. He knows why his equipment is blown but at the end of the day he doesn't why know why it blowed. Im just waiting for him to come back and post, "I have another smell coming from the trunk, these sorry ass type r's can't handle my badass hifonics amp.

lol

lol

Still sounds like human error to me.

lol

Still sounds like human error to me.

Lol

Most of you guys are jokes, big cars with big sound thinking your the shit hating on someone trying to get shit right. Oh the audio guy said ALL of you were wrong and i was right, pucking clucks. IOh and he can actually show me that he's certified. I was right, all of you were wrong, it wasn't my gains or LPF or anything else. It was that the sub was too weak.

Oh yea, one more to get banned, the dumb fucks in this thread, the moderate, the site, all of it is full of trash everything. From prices to people. You fucks make me laugh, next time any of you pussies (who were wrong) want to get their jaw knocked off and your in Chicago just email me.

pussies LMFAO! YOU WERE ALL WRONG! Say what you like, but it was because the Sub was a SVC 4ohm sub.