Sign in to follow this  
ohio45113

looking for single sub suggestions

I currently run a single 12 inch zcon and don't really have the room for multiple sub's or any bigger. I'm looking for suggestions on a sub that will get louder and lower if there is one. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I could fit a 15 but I don't really want to build the box inside the trunk.

What are your current enclosure specs?

What are your current enclosure specs?

3.75 cubes @ 33hz

rather than buying a new sub you could sound deaden the vehicle. lowering the noise floor 3db would be the same as getting 3db more output from the sub, for example. 

Edited by lithium

Ethos 15?

They want about three cubes, right?

rather than buying a new sub you could sound deaden the vehicle. lowering the noise floor 3db would be the same as getting 3db more output from the sub, for example.

It is sound deadened. Box is sub and port forward sealed off in the trunk. On a crescendo bc3500. I guess I could try a different box first. My electrical and everything is on point. Doesn't drop below 12.8 at full tilt.

That's a huge box for a 12" zcon, and you have a lot of power.

You could probably fit a 15" zcon in that box !

Time for a recone in a bigger size ?

That's a huge box for a 12" zcon, and you have a lot of power.

You could probably fit a 15" zcon in that box !

Time for a recone in a bigger size ?

Just realized my typo... Its 2.75 lol my bad guys. Also I'm really happy with the zcon it is a beast of a sub. I just want to get louder. Honestly I can't really see any other single 12 getting much louder/lower while still sounding good. I have it in a 2002 cavalier and its pretty brutal. Its tearing my dash apart and damn near shatters my sunroof if I don't have it open. If I decided to build the box in the trunk I could have around 5 cubes net. Just not sure if I want to dedicate the whole trunk to a box. Then I'd have to put the amps and batts in the back seat area. Edited by ohio45113

It appears you just answered your own question. Unless you are after tenths, more cone area is probably your next step. Getting your voltage to hold a bit higher, say 13.8+, may help a little. The way you are coming off here though, a much larger jump in output is desired.

It appears you just answered your own question. Unless you are after tenths, more cone area is probably your next step. Getting your voltage to hold a bit higher, say 13.8+, may help a little. The way you are coming off here though, a much larger jump in output is desired.

X2, i wouldnt say 12.8v at full tilt is on point for voltage at all sure its better than others. If you are not dedicated to loosing room and addidng more equipment then it seems like there arent to many more upgrades.

I say go two 12s because down the road you going to do it anyways...see wat those subs will do on that bc3500 or you can make another box where the port fires into the car it might feel louder or will be only thing is to try

Cool thanks for the tips guys. 12.8 is as low as it drops on heavy bass songs cranked. It usualy stays around 13.5 ish on normal songs at the lowest. It just drops down to 12.8 full tilt for a long period of time but I was trying to save space and not add anymore than 2 batteries. I'm about to say hell with it and rip out the back seat and wall it. Thanks again for the advice

It is sound deadened. Box is sub and port forward sealed off in the trunk. On a crescendo bc3500. I guess I could try a different box first. My electrical and everything is on point. Doesn't drop below 12.8 at full tilt.

mlv? 

a better box and placing could do a lot for your scores also ... so try playing forward ,up and towards the back

with routing the port edges and woofercuttout , bracing the box in the right places , smoothing the surfaces stuff like this really helps

... did that for a friend of mine last summer and he went from 143.XX to 149.5 in one hours work and putting the wooferbox in the right position on a single 15 inch woofer .

oh .. and how big is that port in that box .if the port is to small its going to hurt output a lot .