bigrank916

My daughters new ride

Hello IAK!! Been a long time since Ive been in these parts but Im lookin to put together somethin nice for my kiddos car. Most of you may not remember me or just have no clue of who I am lol. I used to be on this board quite a lot before I had a change of hobbies so to speak. Ive always kept in touch with Chop over the years...even tho there might have been a year or two I didnt get out a chritmas cookie box lol (which one is coming) Ive always appreciated a good system and referred people to this forum and SSA store whenever they wanted quality stuff. Now Im back doing the same!

She just got a brand new whip and shes a newly licensed driver lol. I was hoping to get some help and ideas from the crew here and see what would work best.

The car is a black 2014 Nissan Sentra. Its a 4 door sedan with no sunroof. I have one hang up that might make things difficult but thats why I have all you guys ;) Its leased so I have to be able to put it back the way it was stock. Easy enuf right??

What I want to have is like two 10", 12", or 15" SSA woofers that are most likely ported. I know theres a lot of other brands but for subs I want SSAs lineup. Ive had Sundown but always wanted to try the flagship line. Not the best ones but pretty close lol.Watts from sub amp like about 1k-1500RMS. It can be whatever good models are out now. Idc what just as long as its quality.Trunk is pretty spacious but she needs a lot of it for her VB gear. I want this shit to knock like a mutherfucker. She has the nice whip now I want her to have the professional beat to go along with it.

I have a few things to get me started but I also arent sure of how to get started. 1st off its brand new and I dont know shit about integrating something lol. What I did want to start with tho was the big 3. I knew I was gonna need that. I dont know what her stock alty puts out but Im sure i wont need a HO alt with a smaller install like this?

My main wonder is how I hook up amps to the existing stereo?? Im really lost here but I know what I want to do. Thats a start. Well IAK, hit me with any questions or suggestions that you might have. I look forward to this project even more than any of my own :)

Hello IAK!! Been a long time since Ive been in these parts but Im lookin to put together somethin nice for my kiddos car. Most of you may not remember me or just have no clue of who I am lol. I used to be on this board quite a lot before I had a change of hobbies so to speak. Ive always kept in touch with Chop over the years...even tho there might have been a year or two I didnt get out a chritmas cookie box lol (which one is coming) Ive always appreciated a good system and referred people to this forum and SSA store whenever they wanted quality stuff. Now Im back doing the same!

She just got a brand new whip and shes a newly licensed driver lol. I was hoping to get some help and ideas from the crew here and see what would work best.

The car is a black 2014 Nissan Sentra. Its a 4 door sedan with no sunroof. I have one hang up that might make things difficult but thats why I have all you guys wink.png Its leased so I have to be able to put it back the way it was stock. Easy enuf right??

What I want to have is like two 10", 12", or 15" SSA woofers that are most likely ported. I know theres a lot of other brands but for subs I want SSAs lineup. Ive had Sundown but always wanted to try the flagship line. Not the best ones but pretty close lol.Watts from sub amp like about 1k-1500RMS. It can be whatever good models are out now. Idc what just as long as its quality.Trunk is pretty spacious but she needs a lot of it for her VB gear. I want this shit to knock like a mutherpucker. She has the nice whip now I want her to have the professional beat to go along with it.

I have a few things to get me started but I also arent sure of how to get started. 1st off its brand new and I dont know shit about integrating something lol. What I did want to start with tho was the big 3. I knew I was gonna need that. I dont know what her stock alty puts out but Im sure i wont need a HO alt with a smaller install like this?

My main wonder is how I hook up amps to the existing stereo?? Im really lost here but I know what I want to do. Thats a start. Well IAK, hit me with any questions or suggestions that you might have. I look forward to this project even more than any of my own smile.png

On sale!!!!...

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/categories/amplifiers/us-acoustics.html

And happy B-Day!!!

The car is a black 2014 Nissan Sentra. Its a 4 door sedan with no sunroof. I have one hang up that might make things difficult but thats why I have all you guys wink.png Its leased so I have to be able to put it back the way it was stock. Easy enuf right??

What I want to have is like two 10", 12", or 15" SSA woofers that are most likely ported. I know theres a lot of other brands but for subs I want SSAs lineup. Ive had Sundown but always wanted to try the flagship line. Not the best ones but pretty close lol.Watts from sub amp like about 1k-1500RMS. It can be whatever good models are out now. Idc what just as long as its quality.Trunk is pretty spacious but she needs a lot of it for her VB gear. I want this shit to knock like a mutherpucker. She has the nice whip now I want her to have the professional beat to go along with it.

My main wonder is how I hook up amps to the existing stereo?? Im really lost here but I know what I want to do. Thats a start. Well IAK, hit me with any questions or suggestions that you might have. I look forward to this project even more than any of my own smile.png

On sale!!!!...

Thats a good price! I think Ive heard of this brand but Im not sure. I may be thinking of US Amps?? How long is that on sale for?

And happy B-Day!!!

LOL oh yeah, thats not real. Its the thot that counts tho bro :)

On sale!!!!...

Thats a good price! I think Ive heard of this brand but Im not sure. I may be thinking of US Amps?? How long is that on sale for?

I am not sure..Maybe check with Aaron..I know this is a solid line like the old sckool Us Aucoustic series..I have the Barbra Ann series..And as soon as the Big Ben is released I will have it as well!!! And 1500 RMS with some GCON's I think your daughter will be pleased!!

The price for the US Acoustics you cant go wrong!! Solid amplifiers!!

On sale!!!!...

I am not sure..Maybe check with Aaron..I know this is a solid line like the old sckool Us Aucoustic series..I have the Barbra Ann series..And as soon as the Big Ben is released I will have it as well!!! And 1500 RMS with some GCON's I think your daughter will be pleased!!

I will have to ask him. Thats a good price for sure. I think she would be too bruh. Cant wait to see her face when it plays for the 1st time

Look into a L.O.C for hooking amp to factory HU

What does that stand for?? 

Something along the lines of this.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-35-Variable-Line-Converter/dp/

Doesn't have to be that exact one,they can be had almost everywhere.

This link didn't work for me but I don't know what I'm looking for lol

It is a line output converter that steps down your voltage/signal from your output...Or you can make your own VIA resistors "voltage divider" per Ohm's law

Edited by mikel7829

It is a line output converter that steps down your voltage from your output...Or you can make your own VIA resistors "voltage divider" per Ohm's law

Ahhhh ok. See its been awhile since Ive been in the game. Got a lot of catching up to do!! :)

Oh and also I was looking at Fi for subs. I forgot I used a BTL before and I loved that sub. I could get a BL for the price of an Gcon. 

Here is some good reading that would help better explain..

http://www.bcae1.com/loc.htm

Ok now I remember this lol. Thanks bro!

What kind is best? Do the cheap ones carry  a lot of noise? 

Not really in  my experience with them...But I hardly ever use them.What stores do you have in your area? best buy,electronic express,ect

Not really in  my experience with them...But I hardly ever use them.What stores do you have in your area? best buy,electronic express,ect

I figured to order it online like sonicelectronics or somethin like that

I figured to order it online like sonicelectronics or somethin like that

I say anyone of these "The top 3" would be ok depending on the Rms of your factory head unit.. "If your wanting to go cheap with the LOC" But you will need 2 if your amplifying your front stage..

http://www.woofersetc.com/search.aspx?searchterm=line+output+converter

I would probably do something like this myself and be done with it..

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-2868-lc6i-audiocontrol-six-channel-line-output-converter.aspx

Does the Audiocontrol only work up to 400 watts tho? Even for the sub amp? I notice some have a max for watts while others don't even list it at all

That would be up to 400 watts rms coming from your factory H/U for your imput to the converter...To accommodate factory systems up to 400 watts.

Edited by mikel7829

That would be up to 400 watts rms coming from your factory H/U for your imput to the converter...To accommodate factory systems up to 400 watts.

Hmmm I'm not sure how much her stock system puts out. The stereo is pretty loud tho so I'm not sure of amplifying the front stage. If so that will be the only one. The rear will be drowned out by the subs anyway..or usually lol. But I know she will have friends in the car and no sound from the back but bass kinda sucks. 6 channel LOC would be ideal in that situation

Hmmm I'm not sure how much her stock system puts out. The stereo is pretty loud tho so I'm not sure of amplifying the front stage. If so that will be the only one. The rear will be drowned out by the subs anyway..or usually lol. But I know she will have friends in the car and no sound from the back but bass kinda sucks. 6 channel LOC would be ideal in that situation

Bose system?

I dont think it is? I looked on line and it says that her car didnt have the option for a nice stereo. Its just AM/FM/CD with an aux input on the front

I was just looking at some stuff and see her factory radio is just a double din size?? That means I can just remove the radio and swap it out with a nicer one that has DVD or something up front. Maybe some touchscreen too.