bigrank916

My daughters new ride

Hey what's up!?

maybe check out the DCON or possibly the GCON from the SSA store it is about the same price..

Man I cant see not spending a lil more money and getting so much more for it. I think Ill just turn down the gain on the amp lol. Shes getting the Mike with a solid 12.

Hey what's up!?

Not much bruh! Been awhile since Ive been around huh?! Lol just living the rat race and excited to put my kids beat in lol. Shes gonna shit her pants hearing it adhd.gif

Man!

Big Rank came home for a change! !!!!

Great to see this brother!

I am excited to see it come together for lots of reasons lol

Too cool man!

I will go back now and catch up on all the details. ...I was to anxious to reply tobhave read it all the first round lol

I've never seen those before but I think I'm just gonna go with a high powdered single driver from SSA or Fi

Man!

Big Rank came home for a change! !!!!

Great to see this brother!

I am excited to see it come together for lots of reasons lol

Too cool man!

I will go back now and catch up on all the details. ...I was to anxious to reply tobhave read it all the first round lol

Haha hes back!!! Ill get some pics of the car when I get the radio next week from Crutchfield too. I bought the JVC arsenal that was $140. The dash kit is back ordered of course so hopefully that isn't too long.

Its mostly goin back n forth with what to put in. Not much lol

U know me......SSA FTW !

Lol

Head unit is key man...she will wanna have all the features to feel like a boss running her new system!

Ok guys I installed her new HU yesterday and it went pretty smooth. Sounds great, looks great. Shes already stoked lol

10390225_841930422516085_797619188084503

10915157_841930459182748_860693448199185

Very nice man....I believe I would be equally excited!

Thank you brother. Its step one :)

Just made step 2 tonight. I bought the Crescendo 1500 watt amp. I tossed in a beanie too for the hell of it. Most likely will be matching this with a 10 or 12 Icon.

Thank you brother. Its step one :)

Just made step 2 tonight. I bought the Crescendo 1500 watt amp. I tossed in a beanie too for the hell of it. Most likely will be matching this with a 10 or 12 Icon.

love my 2 Icons!!! Awesome subs

Thank you brother. Its step one smile.png

love my 2 Icons!!! Awesome subs

Ive always wanted to hear one an SSA woofer in person and now I will! It will be the 12" Icon. The amp showed up today and looks great. A lil lighter than I expected but it seems to have a small profile. Kinda like that aspect tho. Saves room for sure.

What kind of enclosure should I make for the Icon? Id like quite a bit of output. I was just thinking of a simple ported one tuned at 32hz.

Honestly I'm going thru a quick refresher course on the box building. I wasn't the greatest before but I think building a smaller one will work out ok.

The Icon would perform very well in a properly built ported enclosure tuned 32HZ!IMO

The Icon would perform very well in a properly built ported enclosure tuned 32HZ!IMO

^ X2

^ X2

^ X2

I had mine tuned at 28 and they were insane with the lows.

Absolutely loved it.

^ X2

Absolutely loved it.

its been a minute man, you still have those Icons?

I loved my Icon when it was tuned to 30hz, thinking about getting another one. These newer models look badass.

Edited by jay-cee

I have my two tuned at 30hz also and love it

^ X2

Absolutely loved it.

There he is!!!

Ok so I'm thinking I'm just gonna go with the 10" Icon. I know she wants a small speaker but still wants it loud. This should fit those criteria just fine :)

Looks like you guys are in agreement that a tuning of 32hz is a good spot.

Anyone know the optimal enclosure size for a ported 10? Im assuming something like 1.0-1.5cuft??

Yep 1-1.5 ft^3 @ 29-34hz, subs displacement is 0.12 ft^3.

Having trouble trying to get some correct numbers on building an enclosure for this thing. I'm half tempted to buy one from here for $275...but holy fuck that's a lot. Might as well, I'm already into it for a close $1k. Plus it will look and sound better than anything I could ever build lol

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/63299-enclosure-pricing-for-2015/#entry1096452

I would try Trevor as he will save you some cash and has extensive testing with the 10" Icon, his enclosures look amazing. Cant wait to try one myself.