bigrank916

My daughters new ride

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/63299-enclosure-pricing-for-2015/#entry1096452

I would try Trevor as he will save you some cash and has extensive testing with the 10" Icon, his enclosures look amazing. Cant wait to try one myself.

It doesn't seem to be much cheaper? Plus it doesn't sound as detailed as the other one I was looking at. There is a lot of extra add on fees that will certainly jack up the price as well as shipping and the materials used for that.

What numbers are you looking for exactly?

Trevor is north of you and his enclosures are worth every cent.

He can set you up proper and you won't be disappointed.

What numbers are you looking for exactly?

I'm not sure lol. Just plugging in numbers to enclosure calcs which I know suck. Cant seem to get a simple box

Trevor is north of you and his enclosures are worth every cent.

He can set you up proper and you won't be disappointed.

I know its only a 10" ported enclosure but I want it to look good as well. Flush mount with bracing isn't even offered as standard. I'm not saying he cant build a nice enclosure but the price seems a lil off for what you get

If you're willing to tackle it yourself, what are your max dimensions?

Being only a 10" it should be easy to whip up some dimensions.

If you're willing to tackle it yourself, what are your max dimensions?

Being only a 10" it should be easy to whip up some dimensions.

I could and was but I don't want to spend $75 on materials and then buy more cause I didn't get it right. Hell I don't even think I have all the tools anymore to do it right.

I have no max dimensions. Its goin in the trunk of a 2014 Sentra. Plenty of room in there

Oh I know I would have help from the guys if I was a lil closer at least lol

Good to see Jason in here!

thanks chop, I'm doodling up something for Chuck as soon as I play with the modeling a little more.

Too far away or we would build you one here

yes we would! Not sure what shipping would cost though.

Make a sealed box, if you can. It will sound good.

A round port can be easy to use, if you realy want a ported box.

Good luck. Your daughter will love it, no matter what you do !fing34.gif

Make a sealed box, if you can. It will sound good.

A round port can be easy to use, if you realy want a ported box.

Good luck. Your daughter will love it, no matter what you do !fing34.gif

This sounds like a good idea actually. I will make a temp sealed box myself. I have enuf carpet and spare junk for that.

She can use that for simple test enclosure and if she wants it louder, which I'm sure she will,  I'll order a nice one from here. I kinda like the Khaotic enclosures. It really doesn't sound that expensive for the quality that it will be. I don't own a table saw so right there I'm never gonna make the same smooth cuts to be even able to get it balls dead accurate.

The 10" ported enclosure is 1.3cuft so with the woofer, I'm looking at getting the low end of the ported size. Should I get as close to 1.5cuft as I can with woofer displacement as to keep the output higher?

I know she will love this too! Gonna be epic when she first hears it regardless of the enclosure :)

Ok I just pulled the trigger on the 10" Icon!! Now to get installing all those cables this Saturday and building a temporary sealed box!! :)

:woot:

Ok I just pulled the trigger on the 10" Icon!! Now to get installing all those cables this Saturday and building a temporary sealed box!! :)

Very nice!

The Icon is here!! The Icon is here!! This thing is a beast for sure. Cant wait to get started this weekend and fire it up!!! :)

Yeah buddy

Wished I never sold my icons :( you will love it

Well fuck me, this has turned out to be a nightmare. Brand new car with a shitty install. Man I guess this stuff used to be fun. Installing sucks. I just wanna hear it lol

Oh then I spent time making an enclosure today that is too big. Bout 1.5cuft is double the optimal size. I looked at ported and kept that number in my head. I knew I shoulda just bought one. Overall I havent done this in years and it shows.

Ok fellas well I stopped being a lil hoe and just finished the rest of the install best i knew how lol. Here is how it turned out. I have to say I'm very impressed with this driver. For a ten, this thing sounds fucking great!!  adhd.gif 

IMG_0398_zps2zze5q5i.jpg

IMG_0399_zpsirr1veyi.jpg

IMG_0400_zps8kzmxndj.jpg

IMG_0401_zpssgrdshwu.jpg

IMG_0402_zpsyd5zusgy.jpg

First update had me worried....second update and pics eased my mind lol

Looks good bro!.

Keep up the good work.

Bet it sounds great