cobra93

small 2 channel amp

My sony DA2ES died on me a couple of days ago.

I'm looking for a small 2 channel amp to drive two bookshelf speakers, I believe they're 8ohm (could be 6 ohm).

I want to plug my phone into a dock that I'll run a 3.5 mm stereo jack to something like the dayton audio DTA-120.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dta-120-class-t-mini-amplifier-60-wpc--300-3800

I have seen some other amps by plye and kinter, but I don't know anything about them.

When I was younger pyle wasn't very good, have they changed?

Has anyone used the dta-120 or would you recommend something else.

I guess my budget would be ~ $100.00 or less for what I'm using it for.

Thanks.

My sony DA2ES died on me a couple of days ago.

I'm looking for a small 2 channel amp to drive two bookshelf speakers, I believe they're 8ohm (could be 6 ohm).

I want to plug my phone into a dock that I'll run a 3.5 mm stereo jack to something like the dayton audio DTA-120.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dta-120-class-t-mini-amplifier-60-wpc--300-3800

I have seen some other amps by plye and kinter, but I don't know anything about them.

When I was younger pyle wasn't very good, have they changed?

Has anyone used the dta-120 or would you recommend something else.

I guess my budget would be ~ $100.00 or less for what I'm using it for.

Thanks.

Pyle is no better these days..their product is still pyle's of shit!! A manufacture that over rates their product and takes money from people that don't know any better selling a 3000 watt amplifier that may do 400 watts rms...Or a sub they rate to do 1500 rms that would fill your car with smoke if they seen a true 250 watts rms! I hate these companies!!!

I'd just grab an ALPS blur velvet volume pot and a 2chn Adcom/NAD.....from cl

I have used 4 of those Dayton amps.  They work great and sound pretty good too.  

Thanks for the answers.

That's what I wanted to hear 95honda.

I may go with the dayton, the adcom stuff is to big.

I said small, I meant in size, I didn't make that very clear in my original post.

The thing about the Adcoms are that they sound real good (discrete components) and are cheap 2nd hand.  I have a few amps and and a pre-amp still kicking around in the basement.  When I built my in-laws whole house system (in 2006), I picked up (3) 10 year old 100wpc Adcoms for $200 each at Hawthorne Stereo in Seattle, WA and they are still doing great...  So really, it is just what is around when you are ready to pull the trigger... Either choice will be great...

My brother is also using a set of those Dayton amps for his wife's hair salon, they run 8 hours a day, 5 days a week without any issues...  He is running 4 ohms also...

Thanks 95.

overall size matters most.

I have 2 bookself speakers mounted to my headboard, think water bed.

I use those at night to fall asleep or my brain keeps thinking and won't let me.

My alarm clock sounds so bad.

This is the easiest alternative I could think of.

When I looked at adcoms site everything seemed to have the footprint of a home theater component.

I don't plan to replace the da2es anytime soon.

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone.

Yes, the Adcom gear (all the used older stuff at least) is full size...

That Dayton would really be perfect for you...

I ordered the dayton and some other stuff.

Thanks guys.