Chris1309ny

Need some help with a box design,

I would just like to start off by thanking everyone here as I have learned so much reading everything here in the past year. As a start to the new year I am starting a new project on a 2002 Chrysler 300m. My previous setup is as follows:

2001 Ford Windstar LX

Soundqubed HDC3 18 (2 ohm)

SQ2200@ 1 ohm

Enclosure built by me designed by Joe X

Clarion cz702

Mechman 270 alt

As one could probably tell already is that the box does not fit in the trunk. The trunk is designed  very strange and impossible to put the box in so I will need to build a new one. I would like to build this box for (2) hdc3s if space is available. I could slide the box in through the back with the seats being down or I could design the box completely in the trunk however I just do not understand how to design a box other than using a simulated program. Any help or feedback or criticism is welcome. My dimensions are....

Heigth   1' 2.5"

Width    3' 5"

Depth   3' 9"

As you can see there is not much space. I can provide any other knowledge when I come home from work tonight if its needed. I just really want to start this as all my equipment is just sitting there and teasing me. Thank you -Chris

Are your plans to build for 2 HDC3 18's? Are you planing on running the Q1-2200d @.5 ohm or you going to strap another ?

There is an option to run sub up port forward/back. Then you wouldn't have to buy anything but wood.

Are your plans to build for 2 HDC3 18's? Are you planing on running the Q1-2200d @.5 ohm or you going to strap another ?

Hello, yes if I have enough space I would like to build a box for two. 

Hello, yes if I have enough space I would like to build a box for two. And yes I plan on running .5 ohm and eventually I will strap another. I will be purchasing a mechman alternator and two xs power batteries also. Thanks

I assume I would need about 10.5 cubes of space since this is about what 2 hdc3 calls for. However with the measurements above I'm still confused on how to properly use the re calculator. I would really like to start building this box asap so any help or advice is greatly appreciated. 

Check out the Torres Calculator and download it, i wouldn't use the re calculator at all. There are also instructions to help guide you throuh the process for Torres as well, so take some time to read up on it.

Are you tryna squeeze two 18s in the trunk of a 300 or two 15s?

Edited by jay-cee

^^^^ this,2 18's in a trunk sounds like a pain

One 18 in properly designed box is going to sound better than two crammed in a match box with not enough space left to even use a straw as a port

Edited by garychurch84

One 18 in properly designed box is going to sound better than two crammed in a match box with not enough space left to even use a straw as a port

Thanks for the advice Gary. I currently only have one 18 hdc3 so maybe I should just stick with one. I can't download the torres box calculator as all I own is a netbook so if someone is willing to design a box for me and I'll shoot them some paypal please pm me or if someone knows someone let me know. I'm very anxious to get this going all this equipment is just sitting in my garage and teasing me.

Thanks for the advice Gary. I currently only have one 18 hdc3 so maybe I should just stick with one. I can't download the torres box calculator as all I own is a netbook so if someone is willing to design a box for me and I'll shoot them some paypal please pm me or if someone knows someone let me know. I'm very anxious to get this going all this equipment is just sitting in my garage and teasing me.

Ughh these programs aren't very much for the beginner are they. I will try my best...any other help is greatly appreciated

Hand calculations are about as easy and you'll learn way more.

i have a winstar subs up port back take thired row seat out  i run 2 15s and 2 saz 3500ds 153 plus on the meeter