Im gonna run 2 d1 Dss Ethos on one of these @ 1ohm. How many batteries am I looking at needing for it? Im replacing my alt with a 240a. I currently only have a 55ah agm under my hood. Buddy of mine told me to run 4-5 group 31s for it and a 240a alt. Whats the minumum amount of batteries to make it happy?

Nobody can really answer that question truthfully. Is it for burps, demos, daily driving etc.

2-3 per. 

obviously this is super broad and is application dependant. But ideally you want 200-400ah reserve for each 8k. 

i was thinking about doing 3 runs of ofc but now im thinking about more im not sure if i need more what do you guys think?

btw my ride is a 99 Yukon Denali with stock 140a alt if that helps.

Edited by dangitsb

Why do you want to use such a big amplifier for those 2 subs ? A 4000 w amp should be enough, and easier on the electrical.

3 runs is overkill. I only have 2 pos and 3 negs for my 3 8ks. 

Why do you want to use such a big amplifier for those 2 subs ? A 4000 w amp should be enough, and easier on the electrical.

Because someone probably told him those subs will take it. Who or why they would tell him that for daily driving, i dont know.

I ran a 8k on two ethos with no problem but I made sure to only clamp 3600 out of it could got more but they loved it....

I ran a 8k on two ethos with no problem but I made sure to only clamp 3600 out of it could got more but they loved it....

so at the end of the day you arent running 8k to those Ethos, so why even get an 8k amp. Makes no sense for the OP to drop the extra cash just to say i have an 8k amp. Comps maybe but for daily driving i dont see it.

decided im gonna run a taramps 5k with dual inputs on the ethos and 2 runs pos and neg and 3 g 31s in the rear

Edited by dangitsb

so at the end of the day you arent running 8k to those Ethos, so why even get an 8k amp. Makes no sense for the OP to drop the extra cash just to say i have an 8k amp. Comps maybe but for daily driving i dont see it.

But if you want more power down the road you have it...like I went form two 18s to 3 18s at 1.33ohms and now I have 4 so if he's planing on going with more sub's why not get the 8k but every body has there own opinions I'm just another newbi anyways...what ever you decided to do make sure you do a build log so we can follow your updates

obviously this is super broad and is application dependant. But ideally you want 200-400ah reserve for each 8k.

im looking at the taramps 5000 6500 & 8000...my thing is how many batteries would i need per amp and would i need a high output alt? i mean ill be demoing locally and just bumping back and forth to work and around town when im out

Edited by dangitsb

Email shizzzon for answers for taramp. He won't steer you wrong. 

Email shizzzon for answers for taramp. He won't steer you wrong. 

this