Sign in to follow this  
smashedz28

Mounting amps in a tahoe

i have an 03 tahoe and am thinking about mounting my amps under the back seat. I'm interested to see how others have done it. Do you guys just screw right down to the floor to mount the board the amps sit on? Having trouble finding anything other than meades sons vehicle for reference.

I mount a mdf to the frame work than the amps to the board

I have done both, but more than often I use metal spacers/standoffs...

I would do MDF

Frame? As in the metal bars that support the back seats?

I didn't put a lot of thought into my post I appologize. Not liking the idea of screwing into the floor but may be the best way here. Also very interested to see pictures of them already complete as far as construction and wire routes.

Could you mount the amps to some clear plexi glass?

Edited by Stephen93s10

Frame? As in the metal bars that support the back seats?

I didn't put a lot of thought into my post I appologize. Not liking the idea of screwing into the floor but may be the best way here. Also very interested to see pictures of them already complete as far as construction and wire routes.

There is a plethora of Tahoe builds showing this process on car audio forums around the web.

If you are using super small amps like I did, the console is a great place to hide amps. Considering I'll be running several amps in my Tahoe. I'm not sure how quickly you are moving along, but I will be moving my bc3500 to the under seat location you are asking about in the next few weeks or so. If you wanted to see how I go about it I can make sure to take extra pics.

If you are using super small amps like I did, the console is a great place to hide amps. Considering I'll be running several amps in my Tahoe. I'm not sure how quickly you are moving along, but I will be moving my bc3500 to the under seat location you are asking about in the next few weeks or so. If you wanted to see how I go about it I can make sure to take extra pics.

Sure! I'm probably a few weeks out if I'm lucky. I have a good idea of how I'll do it just trying to see how other people have done it.