Sign in to follow this  
Freak812

How are Soundqubed HDS315's?

Just wondering how the soundqubed HDS315's hold up. I'm thinkin about running 4 of them in my 96 Tahoe. The box I'm planning to use is 48x44x15, port is 13.5h x 13w x 20l for a 32.42 hz tuning at 14.61 sq in per cube of port final volume is 12.01 cubes.

Haven't decide what amp or amps I want to use yet, any suggestions under $1000?

What do you mean by hold up? People are using them within their limits with no issues, just like any other subwoofer.

Check out the SSA Store to see what fits your budget, power requirements, aesthetics etc.

I would get 2 hdc318s if you have 12 cubes to work with. Yes the hds315s will have more surface area, but u can throw way more power at hdc3s

Power handling has nothing to do with output, at all.

I would get 2 hdc318s if you have 12 cubes to work with. Yes the hds315s will have more surface area, but u can throw way more power at hdc3s

Two Hds3 15s do not have more surface are then 2 hdc3 18s.. And 2 18s might be a tight squeeze in a 12 cube box after port and subwoofer displacement. Probably be better off going with 2 15s.

Edited by Stephen93s10

Is this for a daily driver? What other systems have you used before this? Are you going to upgrade your electrical?

Two Hds3 15s do not have more surface are then 2 hdc3 18s.. And 2 18s might be a tight squeeze in a 12 cube box after port and subwoofer displacement. Probably be better off going with 2 15s.

I guess you didnt even read the original post where the op said four 15s and not two. So the four HDS315s will have more cone area than two HDC318s.

OP was looking at 4 hds3 15's not two. 4 15's would have more SD than 2 18's

the hds3 series are 1200 watt ea rated vs the hdc3 being 1500 watt ea

so 1200*4 vs 1500*2 I think you could "throw" more power at the 4 15's...

but like said above,it's about more than just power. proper installation/enclosure makes all the difference in the world.

OP was looking at 4 hds3 15's not two. 4 15's would have more SD than 2 18's

the hds3 series are 1200 watt ea rated vs the hdc3 being 1500 watt ea

so 1200*4 vs 1500*2 I think you could "throw" more power at the 4 15's...

but like said above,it's about more than just power. proper installation/enclosure makes all the difference in the world.

Yup you guys are right... I Should've read the entire post.

A friend of mine replaced his 2 RF P3 15's with these HDS315's. Direct drop in to a 7ft3 net @ 35hz box. They sound better and more output. Only 1200wrms on them, he wants to get a 2200d soon.