matj1990

6th order help

looking at possibly building a 6th order box for my 10" ssa xcon.. 

first of all i would like to know how you figure port area needed when building such an enclosure. for a standard vented box i show i need around 35" at 30hz 

more at higher hz obv. 

if i use this Car Audio - PORT Size Calculations and Formulas for WOOFER and Subwoofer BOXES and use the bandpass option i would need a box the size of my car in order to tune it low enough... clearly theirs something im missing ?

i have roughly 4 maybe 5 cubes i can work with would love to hear some input 

looking at possibly building a 6th order box for my 10" ssa xcon.. 

first of all i would like to know how you figure port area needed when building such an enclosure. for a standard vented box i show i need around 35" at 30hz 

more at higher hz obv. 

if i use this Car Audio - PORT Size Calculations and Formulas for WOOFER and Subwoofer BOXES and use the bandpass option i would need a box the size of my car in order to tune it low enough... clearly theirs something im missing ?

i have roughly 4 maybe 5 cubes i can work with would love to hear some input 

Why do you think you need a 6th order bandpass?

never said i need however from my understanding 6th order would allow me to play bass notes louder with a flatter response.  

a proper 6th order would allow me to have box gain from say 30hz to 45hz where as a regular ported box peaks at 1 note gradually drops off. all dependent on tuning of course 

plus it gives me something to learn and do :P

my current box is net 2.38 31hz.. not metered seems about as loud but lower 

box before that was 1.78 35hz   metered at 138 37hz 

If you want to learn, start reading first.

And don't expect major gains, lol

If you want to learn, start reading first.

And don't expect major gains, lol

oh i have read and read and read ... ive been at this since about 5pm :P its now 2am.  Im essentially going for as flat of a response as i can get from 28-40hz ..issue im having is it looks like i will have a huge drop anything above 

using winlsd .. im getting 4 cubes rear tuned 30hz  front 1 cube 45hz --going for a series 6th order this looks to be a pretty decent and flat from 29-45hz only 2db difference at 36hz

sorry if this is just rambling lol ive done a ton of reading trying to make sense of it all and im tired.

28-40hz isn't a huge range. You should be able to get a pretty flat response in a standard ported enclosure with a xcon.