Sign in to follow this  
nigel

amplifiers intermittently shutting off

OK, so my amps intermittently shut off then turn back on. sometimes just one of them, sometimes both. if just one, it's almost always my sub amp. does it at high volume, low volume doesn't matter. if I turn the deck off, I sometimes will randomly get a turn on thump through my sub for no apparent reason. sometimes they go into protect, other times they just turn off.

thoughts? solutions? apparently I are not so smrt...

OK, so my amps intermittently shut off then turn back on. sometimes just one of them, sometimes both. if just one, it's almost always my sub amp. does it at high volume, low volume doesn't matter. if I turn the deck off, I sometimes will randomly get a turn on thump through my sub for no apparent reason. sometimes they go into protect, other times they just turn off.

thoughts? solutions? apparently I are not so smrt...

equipment and electrical?

Sounds like a bad connection somewhere, Double check All connections. Power, ground and remote wires are where I would start.

^^^^^^ this

I would also try and eliminate the remote turn on circuit by jumpering your battery + to your remote turn-on input of the amps and let it rip for a while to see if they shut down...

Like everyone else has said, it really sounds like a wiring/DC supply issue...

K. Once it's no longer -28 degrees, I'll look into this.

Should say, I have switched my remote turn lead from the rem out on the deck to the switched ignition and didn't solve the issue.

I am thinking it may be fuse/holder related. Just wanted some opinions. Need to crack open the cobweb collector and buy something it seems.

Well, picked up a new fuse holder for under the hood. Swapped it with the old, as well as changed the power wire from batt to fuse holder.

And bam. Issue seems to be solved.

Bad connection on the old fuse holder... Guess that's what I get for using a 10+ year old fuse holder still...

Edited by nigel

Glad to hear it was a simple fix :fing34:

Normally is. KISS principal and all.