Speakers

(2) Eric Stevens Full body horns

Under the dash

(2) Silverflute 6.5's

Factory location

Processing

MiniDSP

Amplifier

USAcoustics Barbra Ann 100x4 at 4 ohms or 175x4 at 2 ohms.

Currently I am very satisfied with the current sound and output however, soon I will be going from no subwoofers to four fifteens. I am worried I will not have enough output on the mid side since I am running a single mid in each door in the factory locations. At my disposal I have an extra pair of silver flutes sitting in my closet just as  spares which could be added.

My question for outputs sake would I be better off going with two pairs of silver flutes per door, or a single large 10"+ mid? Fabrication wise; I'll be fiberglassing obviously, so mounting location is really up to my imagination losing some legroom wouldn't be out of the question, but I'd like to keep as much as possible.

My overall goals are output, clarity, and able to keep a high level of output for long periods od time without fatiguing.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

10" usually sound a little warm to be used as mid bass

personally I would go with the two 6.5" per side

I ran sealed pods with twin 6.5" midbass on my last system and it bounced the

mirrors with out the subs

I'd do a 3 way or 2.5 if you really want to amp it up. As for what, it all sort of depends on your craving for midbass. A single ported 10" PA driver could do the job as well, but that isn't as trivial of an install.

How much space are you willing to give up and how well does it need to blend?

2.5way?

Why not a pair of Silverflute 8s per door, if going the pa speaker route are you gonna port your doors?

I'd do a 3 way or 2.5 if you really want to amp it up. As for what, it all sort of depends on your craving for midbass. A single ported 10" PA driver could do the job as well, but that isn't as trivial of an install.

How much space are you willing to give up and how well does it need to blend?

I have approx half a cubic foot, probably slightly more if I bump it out towards the bottom which shouldn't be a problem at all.

The main problem I see If I do a larger woofer being even remotely on axis would be out of the question.

I have my horns and silver flutes pretty well blended, granted i don't have a rule of thumb to determine how well blended is

azBbzlk.jpg

. VERnbgs.jpg

You have to pick your compromise.  I suggest doing that before thinking about anything.

A no compromise "keep up" solution will be a multi-way front stage that costs more than your subs and amps.  Has to, cone area makes that a reality.

.5 cuft is a little small for a ported 10", but it will just choke the bottom end.  I'd model a Faital 8 ported to 70Hz vs a pair of the silver flutes in 10x Vas (IB) and see the difference.  I'd also avoid like hell running a pair of mids without at least choking off the bass reinforcement ones.  Modeling them in IB will show you approximately where you will need to passively cross them.  Using that only will net you some ripple, but considering what you are trying to do that would be the least of my concerns.