Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Mckendry

What size alternator?

I'm going to be upgrading my alternator. I have a 2010 Malibu 2.4l ecotec. I'm running a Hifonics 1700.1 BRE and I have a D2400 under the hood.. I was thinking about going with a Singer alternator and my question is, should I go with the 170A or the 240A?

I'm going to be upgrading my alternator. I have a 2010 Malibu 2.4l ecotec. I'm running a Hifonics 1700.1 BRE and I have a D2400 under the hood.. I was thinking about going with a Singer alternator and my question is, should I go with the 170A or the 240A?

What amp are you going to use on your front stage?

Are you going to upgrade your battery or add a second one?

What electrical upgrades such as the big three and what wire size will you be using?

I currently don't have an amp for the front stage, plan on adding a 400.4 and I'm trying not to add a second battery. The D2400 is brand new. I have done the big 3 as well

I currently don't have an amp for the front stage, plan on adding a 400.4 and I'm trying not to add a second battery. The D2400 is brand new. I have done the big 3 as well

What size wire are you running to the amps?

Is that new battery a agm type?

Edited by pmureika

0 gauge all around. Yes it's an AGM. Just looking for an opinion if I should get the 170 or the 240

The 170 amp will work if you don't plan on upgrading to a larger sub amp.

If the 240 isn't that much more money wise I would get that one.

0 gauge all around. Yes it's an AGM. Just looking for an opinion if I should get the 170 or the 240

Haha you should of gotten one by now. Its simple man, get the biggest one you can if you plan on upgrading in the future or if you don't want to add a battery in the rear. So go for the 240.

grab the biggest you can. if budget allows of course.