Sign in to follow this  
tokksic

ordered my 15" d2 and have some ?'s about box/amp

yeah, i finally made enough money to order the 15" d2 yesterday. thank god for ebay. anyways, my original plan was to power it with a hifonics brutus 1500 watt amp. id wire the sub to one ohm and get the 1500 watts. then, as i was reading this forum, i saw that other topic about putting 1500 watts to the sub, and how it was said that 1500 is quite a lot. my question is...should i continue with this amp and just set the gains down lower? or should i downgrade to the brutus 1000d amp? this will be a daily driver...so yeah.

next question. my box. im lookin for probably 60% spl, 40% sq. so i was thinking about a 4ft^3 ported enclosure, tuned to 32hz. would this sound okay for my needs? i can accomodate a larger box...so, should i possibly go for a larger box and keep the tuning the same? or would the 4ft^3 tuned @ 32hz be sufficient?

thanks for the help. i was extremely pleased with the time it took nick to respond to my emails and my payments. great customer service...so instead of emailing nick yet again with stupid questions, i figured id ask the forum patrons. thanks.

Welcome to the board and congrats on the purchase. I think you're right online with everything you've got there. No need to change amps and the box is right on par with Nick's reccommendations. You should be good to go. Happy bumping!

haha, you guys are makin a newbie like me feel smart for once in my life. i think my first smart choice was ditching my (don't laugh) audiobahn subs and buyin a d2! so i won't have to worry about my subs getting too hot and blowing because of the 1500 watts? thanks for all the help, you guys really put stuff into perspective.

Chances are, under normal music conditions, your drivers will rarely if ever see the full 1.5K.