Sign in to follow this  
tac2137

Keep my steering wheel controls with new head unit?

Is there a way to keep my steering wheel controls with a new head unit in a infinity g37s? Also how difficult will it be and what head unit would let me to do so? (preferably one with navigation)

Aboslutely.  There are multiple options from companies like Axxess and PAC but the easiest I've used yet was the iDatalink Maestro.  It's a little more expensive but you can custom program the buttons, special functions on the buttons, and it's programmed by downloading the configuration to it from your computer.  

Just my .02

Aboslutely.  There are multiple options from companies like Axxess and PAC but the easiest I've used yet was the iDatalink Maestro.  It's a little more expensive but you can custom program the buttons, special functions on the buttons, and it's programmed by downloading the configuration to it from your computer.  

Just my .02

Will those work with any head unit or do i have to buy one with a special port on the back? I also went to the idata website but it doesn't look like they have one for my year

What year is it?  Unless it's like a 2015 that they may just not have gotten support for it yet they're usually pretty good about covering anything that has controls on the wheel including lots of cars we don't see around here...

What year is it? Unless it's like a 2015 that they may just not have gotten support for it yet they're usually pretty good about covering anything that has controls on the wheel including lots of cars we don't see around here...

2008 they have g35 I just didn't see g37s coupe. They have it for the 2011 g37 though.

I don't want to sound condescending, but are you sure you're on the right website?

I was able to pull up a 2008 Infiniti G37 with Coupe trims right on their homepage.

I dunno for sure. Maybe I'm not seeing the car type right.

post-8813-0-56445800-1422937211_thumb.jp

I don't want to sound condescending, but are you sure you're on the right website?

I was able to pull up a 2008 Infiniti G37 with Coupe trims right on their homepage.

I dunno for sure. Maybe I'm not seeing the car type right.

There we go. I was on the maestro part of the website.

My bad on that one, the Maestro was the unit that worked for my Traverse, I wasn't thinking about the names being any different for other vehicles.