SoundQubed

Amazon - *PROMO INSIDE*

The Hds312 is in 2.25ft 35 hz prior post wanted to know what the fi q12 was in, 2.0 @38hz powered by a old school phoenix gold xenon 600.1( man I miss that amp)

The top pic is the Hds210 in 1.25@38hz it rocks on just about the same power as the fi q the pretty much did the same as ManzKea started rattling had it looked at coil shift after of only 3-4 weeks of ownership

Where any of the enclosures actually built for the subs you had or are the specs just what someone told you?

The Hds312 is in 2.25ft 35 hz prior post wanted to know what the fi q12 was in, 2.0 @38hz powered by a old school phoenix gold xenon 600.1( man I miss that amp)

The top pic is the Hds210 in 1.25@38hz it rocks on just about the same power as the fi q the pretty much did the same as ManzKea started rattling had it looked at coil shift after of only 3-4 weeks of ownership

Where any of the enclosures actually built for the subs you had or are the specs just what someone told you?

10984195_1548592215414577_7299685505587111021384_1548592185414580_40437998017639

The enclosure speccs we supplied by Fi then laid out on castmate and calculated so they were right on spec pics above

Fi did eventually did fix the Q but $400 for the sub initially $60 to ship back $100for recone then shipping back , that's a hefty bill.not to mention time factory It slammed and sounded good but was out preformed by a cadance S2

10898245_1526039964336469_52856366721267

936688_1526040097669789_2670570834477340

i still have the Fi the coil shifted again 4 months later.

Anybody interested in a fi q12 just need recone kit LOL only kidding coolugh.gif

Edited by Tipad5050

Fi did eventually did fix the Q but $400 for the sub initially $60 to ship back $100for recone then shipping back , that's a hefty bill.not to mention time factory It slammed and sounded good but was out preformed by a cadance S2

10898245_1526039964336469_52856366721267

936688_1526040097669789_2670570834477340

i still have the Fi the coil shifted again 4 months later.

Anybody interested in a fi q12 just need recone kit LOL only kidding :coolugh:

Niiice setup. Like those matching re's. Ya it ducked that the coil shifted on mines. I would think the top model would be high endurance and we'll built. I went with spl dean because a buddy of mines hooked it up and it would be cheaper than an hdc4 recone, shipped. Plus too I was already let down and didn't wanna get even more aggravated of the recone didn't work either lol. Was looking at the zcon but decided to stay with soundqubed and now look what happened. But maybe it's a blessing in disguise because now I get to experience spldean.

And my enclosures was recommended by someone who heavily reps soundqubed so I believe he knows what he was talking bout. When it made this noises I decided to go the old fashion route and tune lower in a bigger box (everyone says the hdc4 likes high tuning) I even spoke with c. S. On what they recommend and made a box off of that. Thought it was my amps so I picked up a taramps to push it. Same thing. In my other thread, in soundqubed section, I posted a video of the sun making the noises

Yea I think I remember reading that post title something like hds415 to close to wall or something that the correct post ?

Buy yea same exact high notes sounded absolutely awful down low couldn't really hear the noise when I removed the fi I could push on the cone in certain areas and it would feel like it was rubbing and other places it was smooth Suspension Did the Hds4 ever sound right or right out the box was making noise? What is your thoughts on the amps? I like to keep everything matching.

What subs u plan on running now? I have 2 DC level 3 15 in my dodge ram I've heard DC played before but when I got them in hand wasn't to impressed that are rated at 900 rms and I s**t u not it seems like if I put 901watts it starts to rattle still hits but DQ drops drastically haven't had much time with soundqubed but the time I've had they r impressive I put the right up there with 06 Re Audio sx series these were some nasty subs took twice rated rms for 2 years hit 153.3 with a pair of 12s

Yea I think I remember reading that post title something like hds415 to close to wall or something that the correct post ?

Buy yea same exact high notes sounded absolutely awful down low couldn't really hear the noise when I removed the fi I could push on the cone in certain areas and it would feel like it was rubbing and other places it was smooth Suspension Did the Hds4 ever sound right or right out the box was making noise? What is your thoughts on the amps? I like to keep everything matching.

What subs u plan on running now? I have 2 DC level 3 15 in my dodge ram I've heard DC played before but when I got them in hand wasn't to impressed that are rated at 900 rms and I s**t u not it seems like if I put 901watts it starts to rattle still hits but DQ drops drastically haven't had much time with soundqubed but the time I've had they r impressive I put the right up there with 06 Re Audio sx series these were some nasty subs took twice rated rms for 2 years hit 153.3 with a pair of 12s

150's with two 12's?? Nice. And ya that's the thread. Lol. It wouldn't make the sound out of the box. Unless it was sitting flat on the Magnet, but if I tipped it over so that air could be pushed out the Magnet unobstructed it sounded fine. So that's why I was thinking the Magnet was too close to the wall. I originally had it like 7" away when it was forward firing so I covered that sub cut out, and installed the sub up top to give it 20" distance. And it still did it, I even inverted it lol and no help. I was tripping out, In denial I was thinking maybe it has to break in more lol. It's the damn hdc4 you know what I mean? Hard to find actually user info on em online.

The amps....... We're kinda strange. I set it like I would any other amp, gain at like 11 lpf at 9oclok - 11oclock. And it was just really soft. So I'd turn the gain up and it would be loud but I'd think, na this can't be right. I'm at 2oclock on the gain with the bass boost at like 8 o'clock. And we'll long story short, I found out that I'd have to set my lpf pretty high to get the out put I'd like. I had it set between 12oclocl and 1 o'clock. Like wth is that all about? That was also what made me question the amp before the sub. I was like maybe the amp is sending it too high of a note. Causing it to sound crappy . Lol. How about you, you got experience with the amps and also if you do, where is your lpf at?

And I'm going with a custom spl dean recone for the hdc4. I was looking at a zcon but this route is way cheaper lol and I wouldn't feel like a complete loss

Yeah them to RE SX12s hit 153 on music .Was asking about the Soundqubed amps was pondering getting the to match .Your setting sound like where i'd tune 80-125hz i think someone also mentioned sub sonic settings could cause it to sound funny Fi wanted to know what i had it set at, but no way in hell could that cause the coil shift.I certainty agree HDC4 is top dog you would think it would be bullet proof.Are you having the recone done or doing it yourself ? Where are you getting the recone kit? please let me know how that turns out if it does. Interested in recone the Fi Q with something else a lot of people recommend Psi recone for Fi subs also love to see pics of your install

I hope the custom recone works out for ya  keep us posted

I read a lot of great reviews on the amps on their website. But I also read great stuff on their hdc4 lol so I personally will pass. And ya i highly doubt it was user error, because I had it for less than a month up to this point. And I used their amps strapped to push it. And my friend will be doing it. But watching videos on line it looks real simple. But I'd rather he do it first and I watch before I try it myself. Plus with it starting out funky I'd had for my wrong reconing to make it sound even more funky lol. So better to play it safe. But definitely I'll keep you posted. And ya i was looking into psi recone, it looks cool. Might just be cuz of pink star or the fact that a lot of hard hitting videos had psi in it. But my friend had a hook up so I went that route. But I'll definitely make a build log/Keep you posted once I get the subs done.

And that's sad to hear those dc's didn't handle. I've never seen any in person but by the videos, DC to me, came off as a rugged grimey bad ass spl sub lol. And they were secretive about their pricing at one point too, so it even added more to their mystique. I would assume being a lvl 3,not really their entry level line, it would have more action than what you experienced

I missed it by a couple of hours :(

It is what it is... What were you planning on getting burke

Yeah them to RE SX12s hit 153 on music .Was asking about the Soundqubed amps was pondering getting the to match .Your setting sound like where i'd tune 80-125hz i think someone also mentioned sub sonic settings could cause it to sound funny Fi wanted to know what i had it set at, but no way in hell could that cause the coil shift.I certainty agree HDC4 is top dog you would think it would be bullet proof.Are you having the recone done or doing it yourself ? Where are you getting the recone kit? please let me know how that turns out if it does. Interested in recone the Fi Q with something else a lot of people recommend Psi recone for Fi subs also love to see pics of your install

153.3 on what meter or you just pulling numbers out your butt?

Term-lab Spring break nationals 2012  not pulling numbers out my ass if i was it would be something much higher considering we seen higher numbers with less equipment that day

single cab f150 cut out bed

297814_2282851274914_1889878158_n.jpg?oh306335_2282874755501_792856795_n.jpg?oh=312898_2282878875604_1017172747_n.jpg?oh

Edited by Tipad5050

Sweet box bro. You design/build it yourself? Would love to see more pics

Yep designed and built my me . Im lucky that i have a C N C at work my boss lets me use to build with here are some other pics

10420054_1526041971002935_4495750262012610918998_1526043404336125_43693890920043

Excellent craft am ship man. How is it with plex glass? How do you secure it? And do you silicone the edges and that's good enough? I was thinking bout making a box with those Windows like how you got

I need another Q1-3500d.1 if anybody can find onesad.png

Excellent craft am ship man. How is it with plex glass? How do you secure it? And do you silicone the edges and that's good enough? I was thinking bout making a box with those Windows like how you got

Thanks appreciate it .I seal it with 3m foam tape and long screws predrill and hand tighten like a tire 1 screw here and there slowly tightening back and forth so not to fracture the acrylic  minimum thickness ive used is 1/2" strong as hell  when it etched or sand blasted larger logos looks spectacular when lit l also line the bottom of enclosure  with plex mirror and paint the inside flat black .Yeah dude make one adds that wow factor when u show it off .All those builds were a sealed i dont really like how it looks with vented enclosures

Where the subsonic filter is set can completely destroy a sub

Seems like some people need to learn more about audio. Good thing there on the ssa site

Seems like some people need to learn more about audio. Good thing there on the ssa site

Absolutely agree totally i'll be the first to admit i had an idea where to set subsonic but to be sure i certainly did the research and still asked just to be sure

Absolutely agree totally i'll be the first to admit i had an idea where to set subsonic but to be sure i certainly did the research and still asked just to be sure

Thats good man. Most people just think what they think and nothing will change that

Not i sir if i don't know or not sure im not stupid enough to assume i do and go with or like u said refuse to accept im wrong  no matter what

This forum is the best for any info car audio besides the vendors being on here as well

i dont get why people post asking for help because something went wrong with there system and debunk any info offered put aside your pride and learn something