SoundQubed

Amazon - *PROMO INSIDE*

Excellent craft am ship man. How is it with plex glass? How do you secure it? And do you silicone the edges and that's good enough? I was thinking bout making a box with those Windows like how you got

Thanks appreciate it .I seal it with 3m foam tape and long screws predrill and hand tighten like a tire 1 screw here and there slowly tightening back and forth so not to fracture the acrylic  minimum thickness ive used is 1/2" strong as hell  when it etched or sand blasted larger logos looks spectacular when lit l also line the bottom of enclosure  with plex mirror and paint the inside flat black .Yeah dude make one adds that wow factor when u show it off .All those builds were a sealed i dont really like how it looks with vented enclosures
What kind of screws? The regular ones you'd use to screw your boxes together

This got off topic quick...lol

Yeah them to RE SX12s hit 153 on music .Was asking about the Soundqubed amps was pondering getting the to match .Your setting sound like where i'd tune 80-125hz i think someone also mentioned sub sonic settings could cause it to sound funny Fi wanted to know what i had it set at, but no way in hell could that cause the coil shift.I certainty agree HDC4 is top dog you would think it would be bullet proof.Are you having the recone done or doing it yourself ? Where are you getting the recone kit? please let me know how that turns out if it does. Interested in recone the Fi Q with something else a lot of people recommend Psi recone for Fi subs also love to see pics of your install

I hope the custom recone works out for ya  keep us posted

Where the subsonic filter is set can completely destroy a sub

My box was tuned high so I set it roughly in the 11 o'clock area.

Excellent craft am ship man. How is it with plex glass? How do you secure it? And do you silicone the edges and that's good enough? I was thinking bout making a box with those Windows like how you got

Thanks appreciate it .I seal it with 3m foam tape and long screws predrill and hand tighten like a tire 1 screw here and there slowly tightening back and forth so not to fracture the acrylic  minimum thickness ive used is 1/2" strong as hell  when it etched or sand blasted larger logos looks spectacular when lit l also line the bottom of enclosure  with plex mirror and paint the inside flat black .Yeah dude make one adds that wow factor when u show it off .All those builds were a sealed i dont really like how it looks with vented enclosures
What kind of screws? The regular ones you'd use to screw your boxes together

Yea 2" wood screws lay tape around the edges where you are going to drill. The tape makes it less likley to fracture. Pre drill the acrylic with a bit levery 3-5" that the screw passes througs easily, you dont want to have to force the screws through the acrylic let the bit do the work steady speed light pressure , Countersink holes if u want trim panel sets flush if countersink holes if you have axcess to some gas welding equipment hydrogen and oxygen they make a real fine tip adjust to fine small flame u can go over the holes and rough edges the industry term is called flaming makes rough edges smooth and crystal clear also for structural use it seals the acrylic around the drilled holes its definitely not needed in this application unless u were edge lighting .sort of got off subject sorry . Get foam tape kinda like weather striping the pic of the sub box being assembled shows the 3m tape pre drill the wood and hand tighten or set the clutch on screw gun.

Ive done lots of cool thinks with acrylic like this 10933842_1526039811003151_3333729658076910922837_1526039764336489_43144278108937

Haha you got skills I see. But thanks a lot for all the info you're sharing. I'm definitely gonna try this. BTW are you putting the acrylic on the inside or outside? For example, I'm planning on putting a window on the back of the box, forward firing subs. I'd cut the back piece out of wood, then I'd cut a window and where would I put the acrylic? On the inside of the box or outside and make a trim panel to make it flush

Make the entire back of the enclosure acrylic plex glass is actually a name brand for cast acrylic predrill before u peel the protective paper off if possible .
Apply foam tape to outer edge of box peel one side the tape it double sided tape so,both sides r sticky .after the tape applied to the box peel just the edge of the paper off the acrylic side that will be facing the inside of the box then peel the other side of the foam tape use the tape to secure the acrylic to the back of the box to predrill the box for the screws at this point the acrylic is already predrilled I'd start a screw at each Conor first then tighten the rest like u would a wheel on a car .so at this point the box is built with the entire back being acrylic peel the paper off the acrylic last it scratched very easy. Your trim panel that covers the screw holes makes the window like 2" border all the way around use the foam tape to attach the trim panel to the box . Hope this helps. Post pics when u complete please like to check it out

Edited by Tipad5050

Man oh man that's big money! Lol a whole back piece of acrylic. Lol 1/2" thick too!? And ya i realized that now that you mentioned it about plex glass haha. So there is no way to just use a small piece like how I suggested? Would that not be structurally sound for a sub box

No it will work just fine like u suggested in my case i had a butt load of scrap just laying at work so i just make the entire back out of acrylic .How you suggested would work no issues at all just smaller window.

Edited by Tipad5050

Ok cool. I was about to say, a box for 2 12's will be somewhat large, and to have a full acrylic back would be super expensive. Lucky you, with all that large acrylic scraps

It is what it is... What were you planning on getting burke

Picked up 4 of the pro audio mids and a couple of the super tweeters. Bought em even without the discount. Oh well.

It is what it is... What were you planning on getting burke

Picked up 4 of the pro audio mids and a couple of the super tweeters. Bought em even without the discount. Oh well.

would love to know how they sound and what you think of them. . Definitely interested in the component as well

Tipad5050 you picked up the hdc's yet?

Not yet fedex schedule for delivery Wednesday cant wait, enclosure plans almost complete think going to do 2 separate boxes 5@38hz

what were your enclosures specs  for the HDC4 if you don't mind me asking ?

Lol the famous question that no one seems to reply back too lol.

Well fist box was 4.5 or so tuned to 36 hz. I thought it was 38 but I made an error. I used an 8" sono tube.

I also made another box, slot ported to 36hz @4.2cubic ft. Port was 5x16

And the final box which I spent the time and money to wrap it nicely was 5.06 cubes tuned to 32 hz. Port specs for this box was 5x18.5"

The Aero port was great but it was side firing right against my car will so it created a very ugly rattle noise. But it was awesome on lows it was a great box, except for that shifted coil. Because of that I thought my box was wrong lol.

The 36hz slot port didn't sound quite the same as the Aero port one, but it had to itw appeal to me. The high notes were crazy, like I could feel it in my throat and head. Idk if that's normal because I usually tune to 33-32hz. And it touched on the lows too, not what I was used too but still did it's thing. Not so much on things below 27hz

The final box, it hit the lows that I know. But, after experiencing the higher bass from the 36hz box, I felt poke I was missing something lol. There wasn't that intense vibration shake like before lol. But all in all due to the busted sub I couldn't enjoy any of the boxes because I was always trying to get rid of that noise. And when I'd hear it, I'd feel like a failure lol

Ok settled on 5.25 @39hz slot port 4"w x 18"L . Whats your thoughts think it will work? Each HDC will be powered by PPi 1800.1 firing up port on the outside 2 separate boxes king cab ram

10350528_1549785531961912_27748613526401

11046375_1549785575295241_31993067430862

I know Hifonics is not considered SSA quality but $200 for 1500.1 and 400.4 it'll work for now !

Niiice. Ya it should work. What kind of music you listen too?

10350528_1549785531961912_27748613526401

11046375_1549785575295241_31993067430862

I know Hifonics is not considered SSA quality but $200 for 1500.1 and 400.4 it'll work for now !

How does it sound? I have a Brutus 2400.1 and it seems legit. BTW what do you normally tune your boxes too

All mostly rock bass music for everyday I tune 38-44hz the 1500.1 kil the HDS312 it's Brutus x14 series I remember u said the HDC4 liked the high notes the Hds likes the to also has good lows

Well I did reserch and found a guy that runs the hdc4 15 and he made a thread on optimal box sizes and tuning

Well I did reserch and found a guy that runs the hdc4 15 and he made a thread on optimal box sizes and tuning

Got the HDC315 today they look nasty. I can only imagine what the HDC4 looks like  I'm going to search for that post I would think HDC4 and HDC315 should be close as far as box specs go ?

10991325_1550178628589269_43574962668215

Yea it does. Hold on I'll look for the link