cloud77

(2) 12" RE XXX XBL^2 04-05 build

my amp roasted =[  I need to get it fixed before the season's shows.

Not the Mmats, what happened?

dunno.  I bought it from some dude in Canada.  The pics he sent me had it mounted on his box.  I cited these pictures and he immediately cut 100$ off his price.  It may have been that it was acting up and he sold it quickly.  The amp is pretty scratched up and nicked.. I would never treat an amplifier of this caliber that way..I'll find out what happened..but it smells like moisture may have gotten in, or a copper strand from the large transistor may have shorted something out.

thinking about doing a 4th

You already are

Seems to be the popular choice these days..

If you are referring to BP, popularity here just shows stupidity.

There is a time and a place for the alignment but it is nearly always completely misused.  Complete internet boner.  99% of the boxes I've seen on car audio sites are completely fucked.  What is amusing is that people will rant on others if you design a ported box strange, but add the words BP and it doesn't matter.  Most are built with no scientific logic at all.

Pretty easy to tell if this is you or not....just explain why you want the alignment in the first place.

dunno.  I bought it from some dude in Canada.  The pics he sent me had it mounted on his box.  I cited these pictures and he immediately cut 100$ off his price.  It may have been that it was acting up and he sold it quickly.  The amp is pretty scratched up and nicked.. I would never treat an amplifier of this caliber that way..I'll find out what happened..but it smells like moisture may have gotten in, or a copper strand from the large transistor may have shorted something out.

Sucks to hear that man, hopefully the repair won't be too costly.

You already are

Seems to be the popular choice these days..

If you are referring to BP, popularity here just shows stupidity.

Yeah my comment wasn't meaning he should do it. Simply saying everyone is doing it. Seems unjustifiable most times.

In the past year I haven't seen a single justifiable one, just idiots being "different" by copying someone else and then poorly executing.

I really didn't want to do it in the first place. I'm down with some more sound proofing and some work on my rear deck.

Everything I put it my car sounds good wanging off the trunk.

What is the tape for?

My guess is to make sure his subs have a good seal, causing no air leaks.

There actually were some leaks and still are in the rear deck, but the car is on its last leg and taking everything out for the winter. Probably will have a new car in the spring