tac2137

only 2 door speakers on 4 channel?

Can I safely wire my 2 door speakers at 4 ohms to a 4 channel amp. I have heard it's not a good idea

Depends on the amp

I think it was like 50rms x4 at 4 ohms or something. I wouldn't think it would hurt but i was talking to a guy at a local shop and for some reason he told me i shouldn't do that. 

Doesn't matter the power on the amp but what amp it is. Has to be able to take the load. Many will many won't. No one can answer generically without knowing EXACTLY what amp it is.

Doesn't matter the power on the amp but what amp it is. Has to be able to take the load. Many will many won't. No one can answer generically without knowing EXACTLY what amp it is.

Sorry, Alpine F300. I can get it for about $65 instead of $200

Do you mean one speakers bridged to two channels each or 4 ohms or one channel per speaker at 4 ohms leaving two channels unoccupied?

Do you mean one speakers bridged to two channels each or 4 ohms or one channel per speaker at 4 ohms leaving two channels unoccupied?

Leaving two unoccupied.

Just run the speakers bridged since the amp does 150w x 2 @ 4ohms bridged, a little headroom and no channels unoccupied. Win-Win

What speakers do you have?

Just run the speakers bridged since the amp does 150w x 2 @ 4ohms bridged, a little headroom and no channels unoccupied. Win-Win

What speakers do you have?

Pioneer ts-d1720c

I'm just not sure if the speakers can take 150 watts. I'm still learning how all this works.

I'm just not sure if the speakers can take 150 watts. I'm still learning how all this works.

They are only rated for 60 watts rms so you will have to turn the gain down.

So you don't burn the speakers up.

Plus with the four channel you could run a active front stage if you ever want to go that route.

Edited by pmureika

Ok, i installed the amp and turned the gain down. I first turned them all the way down and the bass was terrible I moved the gain up about a quarter of the way up and it still doesn't sound as good as it did just on head unit power. I'm a little scared to turn it up anymore. What else could be the problem?

Out of phase? (polarity is reversed)

How much deadening and other prep work did you do before installing the speakers?

Would having the rca cables hooked up wrong do that? I know I have my speakers bridged correctly. I have power, remote and ground hooked up correctly I just don't have any bass when I have my gains down all the way and I have really sloppy bass when I turn the gains up a quarter of the way up. know I shouldnt have to mess with the bass equalizer or crossover on my amp right?

Fade it from left to right and see if the bass comes back.

Keep in mind that electrically in phase doesn't mean acoustically in phase.

If both door speakers are hooked up the same (pos. and neg.)  they could be out of phase to your ears and reversing one speaker could help.

Where in ohio are you at?

Edited by cobra93

Keep in mind that electrically in phase doesn't mean acoustically in phase.

If both door speakers are hooked up the same (pos. and neg.)  they could be out of phase to your ears and reversing one speaker could help.

Where in ohio are you at?

columbus

Set all eq and bass boost to off/zero.

What do you mean by sloppy?

Well, I just had time to listen to it a bit longer on the way to work, best way I can explain it is that it almost sounds muffled or slightly old time radio like talkimg through a traffic cone almost hah. I did something wrong cause it sounds pretty bad compared to just having it through my head unit. And i guess the bass equalizer was on when I had the gain up but I turned that off and set the gain back all the way down and now it sound like I just described it.

Sure the tweeter is still hooked up and not blown?

They sounded like they were working but I didn't have enough time to properly listen. I also have to turn my radio a lot louder now to hear the music.