Bryan Mckendry

Help deciding on a woofer?

I have a 2010 malibu with a 250A mechman, D2400 under the hood and 0g all round with a 4 cu box tuned to 35 hz. Hifonics BRE 1700.1,  I would be using this amp for which ever sub i decide to get. Which subwoofer would be best for a daily driver? It would be a 15". My choices are as followed: Sundown Zv4 15, Psi Platform 3, X15, or a DC level 4? Im not making this to be a VS thread, i was just asking for some opinions on which would be best for a daily set up?

I have a 2010 malibu with a 250A mechman, D2400 under the hood and 0g all round with a 4 cu box tuned to 35 hz. Hifonics BRE 1700.1,  I would be using this amp for which ever sub i decide to get. Which subwoofer would be best for a daily driver? It would be a 15". My choices are as followed: Sundown Zv4 15, Psi Platform 3, X15, or a DC level 4? Im not making this to be a VS thread, i was just asking for some opinions on which would be best for a daily set up?

I myself like the 15" SSA Xcon. I know it's not on your list but I have heard a few play, but none of the others.

Edited by pmureika

Not making this a VS thread but please pick from the three subwoofers given? Sounds like a VS thread.

Do all of those subwoofers enclosure specs work with your current box?

Have you listened to any of the choices given before? What did you like or not like about them?

If I did have to choose from the group I would go with Sundown because of company reputation and quality.

From your list I would also choose the Sundown 15.

Not sure if you would go this route, but 2 12s would fit in the Malibu.

might wanna check out the dayton audio um15-22. this girl is a low end beast, and would work well in that enclosure. of course you can't go wrong with the sundown or any of them on your list, but for the money, you can't beat the dayton. guaranteed.

This is an SSA..Go big with an Xcon, Zcon, BL, Sp4, exc.  and soon you will upgrade your mono