Sign in to follow this  
Mercede

2 Fi SP4s and a bc5500

I have 2 FI sp4s that are dual 2 ohm. Is there anyway that I can hook both of them up to a bc5500 at 1 ohm?

Nope

I have 2 FI sp4s that are dual 2 ohm. Is there anyway that I can hook both of them up to a bc5500 at 1 ohm?

Yes recone them to dual 1s, otherwise naw man. Check this page out for future reference:

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22#results

Before you spend $ on recones, why not try running them at .5 ohm and see what kind of voltage drop you get?

What kind of electrical do you have?

Before you spend $ on recones, why not try running them at .5 ohm and see what kind of voltage drop you get?

If it's for a daily setup, running at .5ohms will do more harm then good even with a good electrical.

@ .5 ohms I do not see were this could yield a problem...As long as the said amplifier was .5 ohms stable and with the appropriate electrical to supply with whatever use is in this project..

@ .05 ohms I do not see were this could yield a problem...As long as the said amplifier was .05 ohms stable and with the appropriate electrical to supply with whatever use is in this project..

Running at .05 ohms is the dumbest thing you could suggest someone to do. Im hoping you meant .5 ohms

@ .05 ohms I do not see were this could yield a problem...As long as the said amplifier was .05 ohms stable and with the appropriate electrical to supply with whatever use is in this project..

Running at .05 ohms is the dumbest thing you could suggest someone to do. Im hoping you meant .5 ohms

Yes...I did tongue.png Good catch..biggrin.png

What is on my mind......Lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOB3R050H-IRC-RESISTOR-0-05-OHM-3W-3-METAL-RESISTOR-AXIAL-L0B3R050H-/121337472253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4046e4fd

Yes...I did :P Good catch..:D

No biggie, just dont want anybody reading this and getting any ideas for more power.

Yes...I did tongue.png Good catch..biggrin.png

No biggie, just dont want anybody reading this and getting any ideas for more power.

.5 ohms What I was getting at... were I got the 0.05 ohm is I am working on a non- related audio project.."numbers stuck in my head" smile.png  trying to find + or - 5%....

when converting a percentage to a decimal point you divide the number by a hundred to get the answer. So 5/100 equals 0.05. therefore 0.05 is the decimal form of 5% ..Think I found what I need...

If it's for a daily setup, running at .5ohms will do more harm then good even with a good electrical.

What harm would this cause, if his voltage stayed 13.5 or higher?  Crescendo rates the amp .5 stable.  I'm curious here.

What harm would this cause, if his voltage stayed 13.5 or higher?  Crescendo rates the amp .5 stable.  I'm curious here.

Me too brother... If the equipment could withstand .5 ohms... And with the proper electrical I see no way this could be a issue what so ever..IMO

I ran my two bc2000 strapped at 1ohm each so it was seeing point .5ohm and no problems...I would run them at point .5 and see if I like it if not sell them and buy more no point in destroying a perfect sub to take a chance and messing up on the recone. I still need to recone my DSS etho and I think I might mess up so I'm holding off on it