codymac88

Break-in period

Hey guys I just ordered 4 HDS3 12s. I saw the break-in time frame somewhere before, but I can't find it again. What is the recommended time frame for the break in period?? Thanks!

This is what SQ recommends on their HDC subs. I couldn't find anything on the HDS subs.

We recommend allowing several weeks of playing time to break in SQ Woofers, full break in may take many months. DO NOT  play subwoofers at max amplifier power in the first couple of days, give the suspensions a chance to loosen up. As the suspension breaks in, the subs will play lower and louder.

Edited by pmureika

You don't need to do anything special for break in

That might have been where I seen it, on the HDCs lol. Thanks! I'm hoping they come in today but it will more than likely be monday, I just ordered them Thursday. But I am stoked!!

Like stated before subs dont need a break in. Taking it easy on a subwoofer will only further delay the soft parts loosening up.

Like stated before subs dont need a break in. Taking it easy on a subwoofer will only further delay the soft parts loosening up.

What I posted came right off the SQ website. I didn't say it was right or wrong.

What I posted came right off the SQ website. I didn't say it was right or wrong.

Cool story bro, i didnt quote you man so no need to seek my approval.

it was wrong, I don't care who posted it

it was wrong, I don't care who posted it
lol

I have taken 2 weeks to break in  woofers and I have hammered them fresh out of the box

hosestly I have noticed no difference except that the subs loosen up faster is you beet the shit out of them

BUT....... I have ripped new  subs apart in -40c temperature , the surrounds were frozen and broke

off the cones.... ... doubt you'll have that problem

Edited by Thumpper

Old sub's new sub's -40 is butt ass cold

that was sad........ all 4 of my 10" Icons destroyed at the same time......

I ended up putting one of those car interior warmers in for the cold snapps