Sign in to follow this  
ManzKea

Hdc4 too close to the back wall.

Port area are all in the 18-19 range. And I got the box specs from black nasty after doing much research. He said tune high but idk I prefer the lower tuning. Like how I've done with past boxes

I've heard those woofers prefer a higher tuning across the board

Ya that's true speaker boy so I made a few boxes in in the higher 30's it sounded good. Punchy nose itch bass but I kept having that problem so I decided to tune lower and then fell in love lol it was hitting the bass like I a sub is supposed to. Idk maybe it's just preference.

Do you think of recone it it'll fix it?

Man I should've went with some ssa's or something.

Love my ICON, but shipping to HI was brutal.

What up man. Where are you from? I'd love to hear an icon. All those reviews got me very curious

And ya i feel you on the shipping! Lol

ManzKea,

Being in correspondence with you through email we have also been trying to figure out what is going on. So far we can only assume it to be playing outside of the tuning frequency since you stated it only happens on certain frequencies. However if it is in fact built out of spec the only way for us to know is to get it back here. Or you can cut down the woofer, send us the soft parts and let us see what is going on with it. Either way lets get this figured out.

Please let us know.

ManzKea,

Being in correspondence with you through email we have also been trying to figure out what is going on. So far we can only assume it to be playing outside of the tuning frequency since you stated it only happens on certain frequencies. However if it is in fact built out of spec the only way for us to know is to get it back here. Or you can cut down the woofer, send us the soft parts and let us see what is going on with it. Either way lets get this figured out.

Please let us know.

I'm glad to see your guys concern and wanting to help! I wanna really bed be in the product. All the great reviews I've read online of the hdc3 and 4. And seeing how the 4 is the top of the line, I was expecting to be blown away!! Lol but idk whats going on. You say out side of the frequency, but my amps ssf is set quite high, at least in the 20's and my lpf, is set to the lowest hz, which is 50 on my amp. And that candy shop song is a typical normal hip hop song, no decaf no bass boosted note so I'm sure Amy run of the mill sub should play that song.

You say I could send you guys the soft parts, what is that? The whole center piece, if that's the case I should just order a recone since I'll be having to re install it correct? And doesn't the aluminum voice coil handle more power(or was that heat)?

Man I should've went with some ssa's or something.

Love my ICON, but shipping to HI was brutal.

What up man. Where are you from? I'd love to hear an icon. All those reviews got me very curious

From Makaha.  In about a month when I get my IS back on the road we can meet up, I'll give you a demo.  Pretty sure you'd be sold in an instant.  Like I said though, the only thing is shipping here suuuuuucks.

Makaha huh lol I'm in Maili. Ya definitely let's link up. I had my eye on the Xcon or even zcon but if you're saying the icon will persuade me, I gotta see it

Makaha huh lol I'm in Maili. Ya definitely let's link up. I had my eye on the Xcon or even zcon but if you're saying the icon will persuade me, I gotta see it

If you have the power I would go with xcon's. 

Shit you may have seen me on the road before my car broke.  Blue IS300

Idk maybe. Maybe you seen me, I got a white challenger on black rims and also a white body kitted 03 altima

Whats up man long time no talk. I have a taramps 5k 2ohm version. I want to really run a dual 12 set up but that's crazy expensive. So I might have to settle on a single 15.

But a friend of mine is convincing me to try out spl dean and recone my hdc4. If the price is right I might go that route to try it out

So it's finalized. I'm going with spl dean I'm so excited, I cannot wait till it comes in. I took my sub to a friend of mine to recone it, he I species my sub, gave it a few taps here and there and he concluded that my subs coil had shifted! That's why it's making those noises son certain notes. I'm super bummed out on the workmanship and/or QUALITY of my soundqubed sub. Maybe things happen for a reason, and this gave me the opportunity to see what spl dean is all about.

I'm saddened by this experience, I really wanted to believe in soundqubed. The reviews, the pics, the unboxing videos, the pricing, all that. But I'm let down and will cut ties with this company and not suggest to anyone I can.

So it's finalized. I'm going with spl dean I'm so excited, I cannot wait till it comes in. I took my sub to a friend of mine to recone it, he I species my sub, gave it a few taps here and there and he concluded that my subs coil had shifted! That's why it's making those noises son certain notes. I'm super bummed out on the workmanship and/or QUALITY of my soundqubed sub. Maybe things happen for a reason, and this gave me the opportunity to see what spl dean is all about.

I'm saddened by this experience, I really wanted to believe in soundqubed. The reviews, the pics, the unboxing videos, the pricing, all that. But I'm let down and will cut ties with this company and not suggest to anyone I can.

Unfortunately taping on the cone will not tell us if the coil was jigged up incorrectly. However if it is we will/would gladly take care of. Every single woofer is tested before it leaves this facility and we would not intentionally send off an item with poor workmanship or faulty parts. In the instance that this does happen we have a 2-year manufacture defect warranty to help cover you. Our company isn't based off selling you a product and moving on to the next guy. We are in this industry because we love what we do, and who we do it for. Which is you guys. 

Why not the zcon?

Unfortunately taping on the cone will not tell us if the coil was jigged up incorrectly. However if it is we will/would gladly take care of. Every single woofer is tested before it leaves this facility and we would not intentionally send off an item with poor workmanship or faulty parts. In the instance that this does happen we have a 2-year manufacture defect warranty to help cover you. Our company isn't based off selling you a product and moving on to the next guy. We are in this industry because we love what we do, and who we do it for. Which is you guys.

W

I have never heard a sound make a metal ping noise ever. So that's a very big red flag. I don't think there's any explanation to that other than something is up. Ive already gutted the soft parts so idk how you'd be able to work with that within your warranty program