pmureika

T/S parameters

Will some of the t/s parameters change after the suspension loosens up?

This can be answered with a quick google search. Why not just ask this in your can you model my subwoofer thread instead of making a new one?

Simple answer yes.

This can be answered with a quick google search. Why not just ask this in your can you model my subwoofer thread instead of making a new one?

Simple answer yes.

I googled subwoofer break in and got a lot of different answers. Anyway I do it I get bashed. What is the right way?

Yes, all the parameters that are connected to any softparts are affected (greatly).

So which parameters do the manufactures give you. Before or after the soft parts loosen up? Or does it depend on the manufacturer? 

Some companies put out parameters before and some after. That said, some companies are way more consistent at building their transducers to their intended specs.

Some companies put out parameters before and some after. That said, some companies are way more consistent at building their transducers to their intended specs.

Like SSA?

T/S parameters are given for "broken in" drivers.  If they aren't, they are not an accurate representation of the driver.

T/S parameters are given for "broken in" drivers.  If they aren't, they are not an accurate representation of the driver.

I'll agree with you there, but are all companies supposed to follow that?

Edited by pmureika

They do, it would not make any sense to do otherwise.  Drivers are designed to meet overall goals with suspension components at a target value.  That value is based on "broken in" components that will behave a certain way over the majority of their lifespan.

They do, it would not make any sense to do otherwise.  Drivers are designed to meet overall goals with suspension components at a target value.  That value is based on "broken in" components that will behave a certain way over the majority of their lifespan.

So you have to break in a new driver. It's just that there is no method on how you break it in to perform it's best? Just get it to

break in before it sounds it's best.

Just use it, that is all you have to do

You can compare this to a coochie...You get the best performance from one that has already been beat up..At the same time you get excited at a new one and try to break it in.. You think your breaking it in but really your not it is the same as the coochie that has been beat up biggrin.png

Just use it, that is all you have to do

That's the way I do it. I just play it like it was a year old. I never baby them.