SpeakerBoy

Super high output SQ oriented front stage

Depends on some factors: budget, mounting locations, sealed or ported power etc. Hard to just recommend drivers.

Beyma, B&C, 18 Sound, Ciare, Faital Pro are a few brands I can think of.

Edited by jay-cee

If I'm going to cut and glass my doors, I'd want to go ported. If I changed my mind, I can always plug the port.

You kinda fucked me up when you stated that nothing will produce midbass over four eighteens, and I suppose I never really stopped to consider it in depth.

I'm thinking about perhaps a smaller system. I'm more than certain a pair of fifteens will still do some damage. I don't even know anymore. I'll have a better idea once I finally hear the btl on 2-3k. Never fed it more than 500w before the accident.

I am just torn, because I've always wanted to be able to do hairtricks.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

If I'm going to cut and glass my doors, I'd want to go ported. If I changed my mind, I can always plug the port.

You kinda fucked me up when you started that nothing will produce midbass over four eighteens, and I suppose I never really stopped to consider it in depth.

I'm thinking about perhaps a smaller system. I'm more than certain a pair of fifteens will still do some damage. I don't even know anymore. I'll have a better idea once I finally hear the btl on 2-3k. Never fed it more than 500w before the accident.

I am just torn, because I've always wanted to be able to do hairtricks.

A pair of fifteens will get to around 150 db's.

Like I said im doing 4 18s...1 10" 18sounds in each front door and 8" in the rear doors with eric stevens pros under the dash...power with a twisted sounds 4channel and a 2channel I dont drive around playing my system full tilt just enough to make who ever is next to me mad...only time is full tilt is at comps im going for hairtricks and 155+ system...so dont get scared go for it stand out have people remember you...

A five seater that does hair tricks and remains musical is what I'd like. I dont think I'd want to wall, I'm nowhere near that good with wood.

Most likely I'd have the subs way down most of the time, to have it be a little cleaner at comfortable listening volumes. On the highway is really where I like to turn it up. Less to worry about, easier to enjoy. What's more useful for a hair trick, more surface area, or a smaller area that it's focused on?

It sounds like the same, but I've seen people doing hair tricks with trunk walls, two twelves or an eighteen, and I know even when I first installed the btl and my friend let me play with his Aq2200 it wasn't feeling like it was even close to that level.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

From my understanding hairtricks are a couple of things...

How much air you can move...(how big the port is)

Lower notes from 37 and below...

And most of all power and how to keep you voltage up with this power...(lower notes draws more power) well it looks like it..

Are trucks takes time to do hair tricks from the back under the window line

Every setup and car is different...I have yet to do a hair trick hope to do one when I get my tw8.5k and my other blackcherry batts...

Thats why I built my box with exchangeable ports one is tune low 28 for demos(people love hairtrick...one tune around 37 for daily driven...and my last one to 43 for burping my truck itself peaks at 43 or 44 around there...

Everthing im typing is from reading and really competing not just watching youtube vids...but thats my set up...

The real question on mid is how big of an enclosure can fit? Plan on tuning it to around 70hz or so

The real question on mid is how big of an enclosure can fit? Plan on tuning it to around 70hz or so

was thinking of it running the length of the door, and having it mold into the armrest. Basically as big as it can be without being an eyesore.

What's port area rules for midbass? Also, would an aero be as beneficial? I think it would look nice if I can situate it nicely.

Port is a port a box is a box. T/s define both as always

Aeroports take up a slight bit less space due to the thin material they are made of.

As far as the actual port area it is possible to go too big and there won't be enough resistance on the sub to account for proper tuning and most of the time will result in the speaker or sub to act as if it were free air.

Too small of a port are will increase the air speed entering and exiting the port causing a huffing sound.

Door i wouldn't use any port unless the door has it's own enclosure. If you're going for cabin pressure the you'll allow air to excape from the cabin out the door thru the weep holes in the door which are there to drain water and make the door easier to open and close.

Not just through the panel, I mean, a ported enclosure attached to the door. Not like, ported IB lol

He last thing I'd worry about right now is the port. Getting a .75 cuft on your door isn't easy. Can't shop for drivers until you know what enclosure fits

I'll start there.

Thank you =)

He last thing I'd worry about right now is the port. Getting a .75 cuft on your door isn't easy. Can't shop for drivers until you know what enclosure fits

My, how modest. We both know the good midbass drivers with any kind of xmax will usually model out with more than .75 cuft lol

My, how modest. We both know the good midbass drivers with any kind of xmax will usually model out with more than .75 cuft lol

He isn't looking at midbasses with lots of xmax but something with output in the pro audio domain. That is a reasonable enclosre for an 8 and some 10's for the frequency range that will be necessary. Obviously bigger volume is not easier therefore outlining a minimum makes sense. Definitely NET btw, discussing Gross volume is idiotic and off topic always.

He isn't looking at midbasses with lots of xmax but something with output in the pro audio domain. That is a reasonable enclosre for an 8 and some 10's for the frequency range that will be necessary. Obviously bigger volume is not easier therefore outlining a minimum makes sense. Definitely NET btw, discussing Gross volume is idiotic and off topic always.

Well, I must have missed where it said this

"I'm trying to come up with an idea for front stage that can keep up with four eighteens and sound clean and crystal clear doing so. Imaging as accurate as possible."

That is everything, but pro audio. You're becoming too lenient now days lol.

I'd still say just build the door the best you possibly can because any "mid" you toss in there will be beating the crap out of the door playing anything below 200hz when trying to keep up with 4 18's.

Well, I must have missed where it said this

"I'm trying to come up with an idea for front stage that can keep up with four eighteens and sound clean and crystal clear doing so. Imaging as accurate as possible."

That is everything, but pro audio. You're becoming too lenient now days lol.

I'd still say just build the door the best you possibly can because any "mid" you toss in there will be beating the crap out of the door playing anything below 200hz when trying to keep up with 4 18's.

He already agreed to the compromise.

Real pro audio drivers CAN work, but they ALWAYS require a ported enclosure. Generally speaking I hate the whole desire of most people to utilize them because they don't understand the effort required to make them work. They suck donkey dick run IB. There is no midbass. A port of course helps this a ton.

As we already discussed "keeping up" with 4 18's is going to mean you will spend WAY more on your front stage than the subs. That he made pretty obvious he wasn't willing to do. Now it comes down to blending with horns. If you want to do that in the midrange you either need a lot of drivers or something that has serious output. If you want to do it in midbass you need a lot of cone area. The latter just isn't a reality.

He also isn't really after SQ...but doesn't want sounds like shit. Huge difference.

And to clarify, when I say "real pa drivers" I am not referring to Crescendo or Sundown crap but actual Pro Audio drivers. Again a huge difference. You can't have output and frequency response. Just doesn't work.

I'd recommend a set of horns, such as the ones listed from Eric Stevens. Then either a 10" ported or 12" ported. That'll be good enough. It's loud enough to keep up with my wall of 160+, I'm sure it'll keep up with your 4 18s. Nice and simply 2 way system. 

I'd recommend a set of horns, such as the ones listed from Eric Stevens. Then either a 10" ported or 12" ported. That'll be good enough. It's loud enough to keep up with my wall of 160+, I'm sure it'll keep up with your 4 18s. Nice and simply 2 way system.

Did you port your mid?

I'm certain your truck is louder than I'll ever be so that sounds like the route I'm taking :D

Did you port your mid?

I'm certain your truck is louder than I'll ever be so that sounds like the route I'm taking biggrin.png

I didn't :(

I did IB

It's super loud. I always get compliments on them. When the bass off, it can definitely hurt your ears. I'm running Beyma 1280FE and Eric Stevens Ultras powered by ZED Leviathan III