What's up all

I have a Fi Q12 that needs to be recone. I read you can use a different brand  recone kit as long as specs are right?

Or Is it better to use a Fi recone kit made for the Q12 from Fi or does another companies recone kit work just as well? I've never reconed a sub before and as long as the same specs are used to recone the sub everything remainds the same (rms power handling enclosure sizes ect.)?

Appreciate any feedback thanks

Edited by Tipad5050

If you don't use the Fi recone your T/S parameters will all change. Will mean that unless you own a woofer tester you will have no way of determining what an optimal box is.

I would go with a recone from Fi.

Appreciate the quick repy I was thinking using the FI kit would be best.

I've seen / read many recone step by step look pretty straight forward anybody done one on  a Fi Q? Or better to ship to them ?

Other companies use labor that is less than $1/hr, how hard do you think it is? That being said if you aren't at all detailed oriented and are mechanically retarded I'd avoid it.

Other companies use labor that is less than $1/hr, how hard do you think it is? That being said if you aren't at all detailed oriented and are mechanically retarded I'd avoid it.

Well said, I'll take of it myself save funds not having to ship that beast to them

Edited by Tipad5050