Sign in to follow this  
1two3

predesigned enclosures same for icon and xcon?

i want to make a ported box for my xcon 10 and i was thinking about modifying the predesigned enclosure to make it fit for my car.  I'm just curious why the boxes are the same for the xcon and icon 10's.  the recommended specs are different for the 2 woofers but i can't find a difference between the pre designed enclosures.  should i be using the recommended specs as a guide or the predesigned enclosures as a guide.  just a bit confusing.

The recommended specs are there as a range option.  The pre-designed are there for ease for the end user.  The Xcon and Icon will work well in each others suggested enclosure sizing.  Really the one thing you will need to worry about is port area for the Xcon is going to need to be greater than the Icon.  Sorry for any unintended confusion.

The recommended specs are there as a range option.  The pre-designed are there for ease for the end user.  The Xcon and Icon will work well in each others suggested enclosure sizing.  Really the one thing you will need to worry about is port area for the Xcon is going to need to be greater than the Icon.  Sorry for any unintended confusion.

ok thanks so then what would kind of numbers would i be looking at for port area for my xcon 10?

ok thanks so then what would kind of numbers would i be looking at for port area for my xcon 10?

For the Xcon, I suggest 15.25 sq. inches of port per cube of internal volume.

Per Cube? :(

Per Cube? sad.png

Yup, so for example a 1.25 cubes box, would have a hair over 19 square inches of port.