Nocturnus

Finally getting around to building a box.

Got my SA-12 back in October and finally getting around to a box build.  Fired up Torres.

boxie4.png

Single SA-12 on a SQ 750w.  Look good to go?  Or any thing I need to change?

=Going in Volvo V50 wagon, sub/port firing towards hatch.

Got my SA-12 back in October and finally getting around to a box build.  Fired up Torres.

boxie4.png

Single SA-12 on a SQ 750w.  Look good to go?  Or any thing I need to change?

=Going in Volvo V50 wagon, sub/port firing towards hatch.

Firing back would be fine..Personally in my opinion I would fire up.. Port to the rear for best cabin gain in that model.. And a tad bit port area.

I keep hearing mixed feelings on sub back/port up.  I also had some number typos in the calc I had posted at first.

\

boxie5.png

Your second box calculations does not account for port settings, so it isnt a finished design. Sub up and port back but if not competing then dont stress yourself about it.

Your second box calculations does not account for port settings, so it isnt a finished design. Sub up and port back but if not competing then dont stress yourself about it.

X2..

I always mess up something when I do this.  I got my hatch false floor done today. I'll post a correct box calc in around 5 days when I have a chance to get some good measurements.

Ok, got it right  this time.

boxie10.png

or slightly larger

boxie11.png

I will be adding some bracing inside, aloing with 45's in the port.  Not sure on the baffle, if I add a 2nd, it will be on the outside of the box.  Box will be birch, since I alredy have the sheet.  Should I am for close to 2ft3 or is anywhere between their 1.5ft3-2ft3 good?  Might be wanting to say I will upgrade that SQ Q1.750 to a Q1.1200 next month.

Edited by Noc

My opinion I would still do more port area..

What should I be shooting for there?

Total volume you stated I would go with about 45-50 sq inches of port area..That is my personal preference for about that size enclosure..But I would wait and see what other opinions you get on this and go from there....They are some pretty sharp guys on enclosure's here

Michael

You dont pick your port area by cubic foot of volume of your enclosure. You model the driver to see what's bbest for the driver. This site helps too:

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Based on that site and your driver and tuning, it say around a minimum of 33 inches of port area is fine.

Edited by jay-cee

You dont pick your port area by cubic foot of volume of your enclosure. You model the driver to see what's bbest for the driver. This site helps too:

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Based on that site and your driver and tuning, it say around a minimum of 33 inches of port area is fine.

What would be the max you would suggest?

I wouldn't suggest anything till I modeled the driver.

I wouldn't suggest anything till I modeled the driver.

With the driver and enclosure specs given. What is the max you would suggest? If a minimum off 33 square inches is fine you suggested, I figured you would be able to suggest a max. Or that you have modeled maybe. Wasn't sure..

Why so big with the net volume? Especially if you plan on over powering it. Will handle much more power in a smaller enclosure.

Why so big with the net volume? Especially if you plan on over powering it. Will handle much more power in a smaller enclosure.

X2

Well, even though I say I will upgrade amps, I edo have other things that come first, so that upgrade just depends.  This would also be the 3rd sub amp buy in 8 months.  Buying and selling is getting a little old now.

Yes, and I get illegal operation errors after my data is entered correctly.  Never got it to run good on my pc's.

Yes, and I get illegal operation errors after my data is entered correctly.  Never got it to run good on my pc's.

I use the ProAlpha version currently. It still pops up error on startup and closing, and requires task manager to close, but works fine. 

Mine errors out when i try to enter a box volume.  Thd only input it will take as a good value is if I leve it blank,

I use the ProAlpha version currently. It still pops up error on startup and closing, and requires task manager to close, but works fine. 

I'm sitting at work, but dont plan on working so I can model for ya. Do you have a dual 4 or 2 ohm coil? 

The newest version of WinISD is 0.7.0.900, they don't have a link to it directly from their website, they posted the link on their facebook page.  

You can access it directly here: 

This version is MUCH better than any of the previous versions, and you don't have to use task manager to exit out of the program.

The newest version of WinISD is 0.7.0.900, they don't have a link to it directly from their website, they posted the link on their facebook page.  

You can access it directly here: 

This version is MUCH better than any of the previous versions, and you don't have to use task manager to exit out of the program.

Thanks wheat farmer. I forgot I already had that version downloaded.

dual 2 ohm

Give the version wheat farmer posted a try, should work better.  If you can't get it figured out let me know and I can still model when I get free time.